Saturday, May 31, 2014

HOT, HOT, HOT!

We had one week this month with temps in the mid-90s.  We don't have AC in our apartment, so I had to get creative and come up with ways for us to keep cool.  As it turns out, it was a lot of fun and a great week for you and me, kid.  Here are some of the things we did.

One day I just filled up a bucket of water and took it out on the balcony with some of your bath toys.  You got to splash around and fish things out of the water and had a blast.







Another day we experimented with semi-frozen jello.  I wasn't sure how this would go, but thought it was worth a try.  At first you weren't so sure.  You kept putting handfuls in your mouth and then spitting them out.  I expect it was just too cold for you.  You opted for playing with a wet wash cloth for awhile (and dumped out all the water I had set aside for cleaning us up), but you eventually decided to check out the jello again and finally got your hands in and really made a good mess.




Finally we visited the splash pad at the Annenberg Community Beach House.  Sorry no pictures of you playing in the water, I was busy trying to make sure you didn't get trampled by the older kids.




No comments:

Post a Comment