Another fun month for us, Kiddo! Here are some highlights.
You had your first celebrity siting this month. We were walking down the street in Santa Monica and spotted Gene Simmons standing at the valet stand outside the Sugarfish next to Daddy's office. Grandma and Grandpa were with us and I'm pretty sure it happened to be their first celebrity siting as well. You weren't too impressed, but Grandpa knew exactly who it was.
A couple of weeks later you had your second celebrity siting when we saw Ray Liotta in the parking lot at the 76 station at Sunset and PCH. Daddy pointed this one out or I wouldn't even have noticed. Regardless, you are on a roll. We also now know where the celebrities go for sushi and gas. ;)
You have been a royal pain to get to sleep these days. You rarely nap and it takes forever to get you to bed at night. However, you do enjoy playing "nap" with Daddy. You will climb into bed and curl up under the blankets and quietly say "honk shoo, honk shoo, honk shoo" (it comes from one of our books). You never do this with me because you are probably afraid I will actually try to put you to bed. And even with Daddy, you always make sure to clarify that you are playing nap, no sleeping.
I have debated for awhile whether it would be appropriate to write about this and have thus far decided against it, but it's pretty funny so I'm going to go ahead and give it a whirl. We decided early on to forgo any cutesy names and just teach you the correct names for things (our choice, not judging anyone who does otherwise). As I'm sure most children are at some point, you are very interested in your anatomy and what makes Mommy different than Daddy. Recently we were in a store and Grandpa was pushing you in the stroller while I was maybe 20 feet away looking at something when I heard you loudly announce, "Mommy has a kogina." Thank goodness for mispronunciation. You said it several times and it was actually really funny. Another day recently you were telling me "Mommy has a kogina, Kinley has a kogina, Daddy has a penis." You then went on to tell me what each of your animals have (in case you are wondering, they all have penises, despite the fact that you say many of them are girls).
And now, on to the pictures!
Tissue paper art.
Lunch with Pendleton.
First day of school! Under the Oaks parent and me class.
Always doing puzzles.
Another school day. The first day you got to bring your new backpack!
Your first school art project (it's a bunny, of course).
Play dough with Charlotte.
On March 19 you painted a heart in the bathtub. I was a little sad it wasn't on paper that I could keep so a picture will have to do, but this is the first picture you have drawn (or in this case, painted). You were painting away and I heard you say "heart" and looked up and sure enough, there it was. Not bad for a 2 year old!
Planting tomato seeds! There is a little garden at school where they grow lots of different things and Miss Sunshine has let you water the plants before. You seemed to enjoy it and we decided you would like watching something grow at home too. Just after we planted the tomatoes we planted wheat grass at school so we now have 2 things growing and Daddy and I have been thinking about getting more.
Fruit & yogurt popsicles, a new favorite!
We used a birthday gift card to get a little bed for your animals. You have deemed it Bunny's bed, of course. This was the first day, getting Bunny cozy and reading her library books.
Eventually you had to climb on in yourself.
More play dough. Homemade grape and orange scented (made out of Kool-Aid)!
We aren't sure where it came from but you often tell us you are looking for beavers. Your favorite show, Peep and the Big Wide World has a beaver in it, so I suspect it's from that, though neither Daddy or I can remember a scene where they were specifically looking for beavers. Just before I took this picture you were sitting on the stool looking out the window and I asked you what you were doing. "Looking for beavers."
Stylin'.
Making pizzas. You were mostly just interested in eating all the mushrooms on their own.
Dance party with Bear.
Giving George a ride in the car. You still haven't gotten really good (or interested) at driving it around on your own, but I do see you pushing your animals in it now and then.
Grandma Norma and Grandpa were here for your birthday and we made time to visit the beach one gorgeous morning. We had lots of fun playing in the sand and picking up rocks and most of all, getting your feet in the water!
Just being silly.
While the eggs were soaking we took a minute to check on our tomatoes and grass.
And another break for popsicles.
All done! When we were finished and I got everything cleaned up I asked you what you wanted to do next and you said "color eggs!" So you must have enjoyed it.
Fun at the playground.
Just like Mommy. We always visit this grassy area after we finish up at the library. We run around, read the new books we've checked out, and sometimes have a snack here. On this visit, I sat down, kicked my legs out in front of me, and crossed my ankles. You immediately sat down next to me and very deliberately picked up one leg to put it over your other one so you could sit just like me. So sweet. I suspect I may need to remember this when you are about 16.

No comments:
Post a Comment