New year's day hike!
We started out the new year on the right foot. You started going to bed all on your own and did so consistently for at least 2-3 weeks. We would read books, then I would shut the light off, kiss you goodnight, leave the room, and you just went to sleep. Eventually you must have decided that a paper star was not motivation enough because you started asking me to stay again, and that's fine, too.
You seem to have developed a bit of a fear of the dark and of monsters. This hasn't interfered too much yet, though we have had to let you go to sleep with the light on a few times.
Proudly displaying your big finds using your Toys "R" Us gift card from Christmas. Thanks Sharron!
One of your favorite (and my least favorite) things about visiting the library.
All dressed up for Divya's 1st birthday party!
Waiting on more guests to show up with Divya's big sister Hana.
Those eyes!
There's a little peek of the birthday girl.
Bubble show!
Cake!
You can't wait to be as big as us. Daddy and I are both 32 right now and every day we hear about what you will do when you are 32 ("firty-two"). "When I'm 32, can I....?" Some of the things you've established that you can/will do when you are 32:
sit in the front seat of the car
drink coffee
be as tall as mommy
wear mommy's clothes (though I am fairly certain you won't WANT to)
take mommy's vitamins
wear makeup
Our good (great) friend Sharron moved to Houston right before Christmas. She missed us so much that she already came back to visit. And she brought you a shirt, which you were very proud to show off.
First scissors. You were way more excited about this than I anticipated. You just love to cut!
Playing with your snack.
You have been all about drinking lemon water recently. I don't really put much stake into what a woman eats during pregnancy affecting the child's taste, but I did sort of chuckle when I remembered that I just couldn't get enough lemons in my water while I was pregnant. I've always drank tons of water but during pregnancy it tasted awful to me. I was avoiding soda, tea, etc., so I did whatever I could to make the water bearable, even bringing fruits from home to put in my water bottle at work. When I would go to restaurants I would order ice water with extra lemons. They would often bring me a bowl of lemon slices and I would squeeze every last one into my water. I remember my friends looking at me like I'd lost my mind.
Painting pine cones that Hana's mama brought us.
One of my best ideas ever. We were talking about mixing colors to make different colors and I decided to try it out with you using colored water in baby food jars. We mixed and mixed, refilled the jars over and over, and mixed some more. You had so much fun this filled the better part of an afternoon.
And when we were done mixing, we used the colored water to dye some paper towels, which turned out to be really fun as well!
One day while I was making dinner you were busy working away in your kitchen and I saw you "washing" dishes. Later that evening we were picking up toys before bedtime and I went over to clean up what appeared to be a mess in your kitchen. But as I picked up the first item to put it away, I looked closer and realized you had all your "clean dishes" laying out on a towel to dry. Just like I do when I wash dishes. It sort of melted my heart and I left them there, just as you had them.
Racing video games with Daddy.
First use of a glue stick. Now you have scissors and glue, you can really do some crafting!
Love your pigtails.
Cosmic Kids yoga.
Painting.
It was a hippopotamus. :)
You told me you were planting a garden. The fairies must have been helping.
Getting in the Valentine's spirit.
Grandpa Mike and Grandma Norma came to visit!
You were extra tuckered out from the excitement of visitors and couldn't make it through the hike. (Scary one-eye picture of me!)
While we had great babysitters at hand, Daddy and I took the opportunity to go to a Clippers game. Free tickets from one of his clients too!
Not sure which one of you is enjoying the trucks more.
Since Grandpa and Grandma came right in between their birthdays, we decided it was reason enough for birthday cake.
This shared cake from my childhood was my inspiration. That's what happens when your brother's birthday is 2 days before yours.
They were thrilled. And so were we.
Group coloring.
You're never going to want to do play dough with boring old Mommy again. Look at this craftmanship. I don't know what Grandpa is planning but I can almost see the gears turning.
Favorite quote this month: "I need something to feel me better."
No comments:
Post a Comment