We talked about what charity you would like to support this year and you chose to again buy school supplies for The Children's Lifesaving Foundation. This year they were in need of art supplies for older students so you and I visited an art supply store and had so much fun picking out lots and lots of supplies. (We even stumbled into Ms. Sunshine's husband, Mr. Gary, while we were there.)
Here we are delivering our donations.
And here are all the supplies.
Of course, you also received plenty of gifts as well.
And you didn't hesitate to start playing with all your new toys right away.
Your "big gift" from Daddy and me included a helmet, elbow, and knee pads. You were excited to put them on but didn't know what they were for until we took you down to the garage.
Your first bike! (Kudos to Daddy for putting it together.)
Here's a short video from the first day on the bike.
You wanted to show Lightning your drawing.
Despite all the celebration over the weekend, I still wanted your actual birthday to feel like a special day so I set the table with your leftover party decorations after you went to bed the night before so you would have something exciting to wake up to.
Special birthday pancakes with a pink 3 and mangoes (two things we normally wouldn't have on a school morning).
I got to join you for a special birthday story and lunch at school. Your class made banana cupcakes and you got to join the big kids and help the kindergarten class bake a cake that morning, too!
Your teachers said you had a great day and I let you stay and play in the sandbox (making me a sand birthday cake) after school until you were pleasantly exhausted. All in all, a great 3rd birthday.





No comments:
Post a Comment