What a busy, exciting, happy, sad month! We finally did it! We moved!
In the weeks leading up to the big day we packed our days with play dates, packing, planning, and trying to take in all of our favorite things about Malibu.
3rd Street Promenade for Santa, singing, snow, and buying gifts for charity.
Waiting for the tree lighting to begin.
Helping Kelly decorate his Christmas tree.
A couple of last visits with Tickles. You love bringing her carrots. So does she.
I spotted this at the kitchen table one afternoon. Love your clever ideas.
"How do you sleep if you have your eyes open all night?" You were assuming that I stay up literally watching your baby monitor all night long.
In a random public restroom in LA: "That potty is the same brand as the ones at the new house." And you were right. Of course.
"Some of the trees are ottoman trees." (Autumn trees. The ones that change colors.)
Moving day morning:
You: "The movers might be scary."
Daddy: "Why?"
You: "Maybe they are in costumes or something."
Daddy:.....
Braid wreath.
Rare opportunity to play with my work phone while I had it unplugged to pack.
Lots of braids this month.
Last day of school. *sniff, sniff* I cried. I love that place. When we got there that morning the playground was mostly empty and you weren't really up for playing yet. We sat down on the bench and you told me you were sad. I told you I was sad too.
You seemed okay most of the day until after dinner. We sat at the table and you broke down into sobs of concern that you wouldn't see any of your friends anymore. And my heart broke.
More pics from today farther down.
I don't know how it came up but I heard you tell Charlotte that Santa's not real and the one at the mall is just a costume. I suspect we might have some angry parents in our future. Sorry world, that's just how we feel about it.
When new sheets show up.
For a few days Rudolph went everywhere you did.
Perfect cart for you to push at Lowe's.
Painting in progress to transform your bedroom furniture.
Movie time with Rudolph.
Bed is complete! You love it. For the first few days you wanted to spend ALL your time playing in the bed.
I declared that you and Daddy should each pick one day a week to plan and prepare dinner. You chose frozen pizza, mostly because we had just found a dairy-free one at the grocery store.
Gorgeous Pacific sunset.
More from the last day of school.
Ms. Sunshine. We adore her.
Ms. Rebecca with her daughters Loretta and Roxanna. Pretend Loretta and Roxanna have been making regular appearances in our house lately.
The sweetest notes from your teachers. I cried again just trying to read them to you. (You should be able to enlarge the photo to read this if you click on the picture.)
T-ball lessons with Daddy.
Planting your new fairy garden.
Picture with Alessandra on her birthday. She's been one of your favorite friends ever since she joined your class in January.
Family beach day at Zuma Beach.
We spent the morning climbing up and down all the sand piles and we were all exhausted when we were finished.




























No comments:
Post a Comment