Wednesday, May 31, 2017

May 2017

 Working tirelessly on Daddy's birthday gift.
His own set of paper doll fairies and dresses.
Hiking.



We had a pleasant surprise when your friend Aiden from your old school was in our area and asked us to meet them at The Living Desert.  We had a great time and I was so happy you got to spend the afternoon with an old friend.


Your favorite number is 16.
When you grow up you want to be a mommy/teacher/astronaut/corn maze operator/race car driver.  You're going to be a busy lady.
Mother's Day school project.  💜
Also for Mother's Day.  You painted the pot and planted it yourself.
Mother's Day gift you picked out for me at the store.  We now have matching flamingos that sit next to each of our beds.  We added a yellow bow to mine and a pink bow to yours so we can keep track of which is which.
Repurposed your shoes from the school dance program.
Bowl of fairies.
"Will you drive as fast as you safely can please?"  This goes along with the desire to be a race car driver.
I bought my very own sewing machine at last and, since I wanted to experiment with decorative stitches, I made my first project a new set of napkins for your lunches.
Fairy craft project.  You have been coming up with a lot of your own ideas for crafts lately.  Sometimes we have to get creative but I do my best to try to make each idea work.  I love that you're thinking up your own ideas and want to encourage it.
One day I was in the living room and heard from your bedroom, "Dad, come look at me!  Look at me!  Come look at me!"  Daddy had just gone outside so he missed this, but I suspected this couldn't be good and headed back to see what you were up to.  I walked into your room and found you inside your closet standing on top of a stack of 3 stools, which were then piled at least 2 feet off the ground with stacks and stacks of clothes that you had pulled from your drawers.

You looked at me with the proudest smile I've ever seen and you explained that you were going to get down your memory box from the shelf in the closet.  First, I commended you on your ingenuity.  Then I explained that this was probably not the safest choice and that if you want something down from the shelf that you need to ask Mommy or Daddy to help.

Then came cleaning up the mess of clothes....
When accompanying me to the craft store to buy fabric, you found a small package of pink flamingo fabric that you loved so we decided to make an apron for Jessie.  You sat and watched so patiently for the whole project so when I was done I let you sit at the sewing machine and make a buttonhole on a scrap of fabric.


When you decided you wanted your own set of Frozen dolls.

We still haven't let you watch Frozen but it must be all the rage with the kids at school because you talk about it incessantly.  I even borrowed it from a friend to pre-screen and confirmed there is no way we're letting you watch it yet.  For now, you can get by with your imagination.
We took a trip up the tram for a break from the heat on Memorial Day.


You wanted to climb every rock we saw, no matter how large or small.
You invented your own magic trick:
Blank piece of paper, ask subject to cover it with bracelets.
Subject closes eyes.
You turn paper over to reveal Buzz Lightyear picture on the other side and replace all bracelets how they were.
Subject opens eyes to see you have made Buzz Lightyear appear.
Making mud in the backyard.
Helping Daddy with his birthday gifts.
Completed your first level of swimming lessons.

"It's not really like a real certificate."  "Why not?"  "Well, it doesn't have any pink on it."
We went back to LA for a quick visit and went to the Mayfair at your old school.  You had a wonderful time and were so happy to see all of your friends.  We all had a really amazing weekend.

Music time with Mr. Mark.


Your old buddy, Alessandra.  Once we bumped into her you two spent the remainder of the day together.

Wand making.

Pony rides.
Snacks.
Yoga.

Candle making.
After the Mayfair we made plans with some of our other friends, and even spent the night at Charlotte and Jack's house.
We also saw Hana and Divya.






And met Kelly at the beach.  We can't go all the way to Malibu and not visit the beach!
Spring Sing at school.  You are middle of the picture with red ribbons in your pigtails.
Far left, front row.
Daddy teaching you to code.  You now know if the text is red it didn't pass the test and if it's green it did.

"When I was first born I didn't even know that cows made milk."
Impromptu tea party in Dad's office.
"Where did the first person come from?"

No comments:

Post a Comment