Thursday, November 30, 2017

November 2017

I was so lucky to have 3 of my friends from KPMG Los Angeles come to visit us for a weekend early this month.  We had so much fun and so did you.  There's something fabulous about seeing my friends interact with you in such a kind and caring way.  It ensures me that I've made good choices in selecting my friends and it's great to see you take an interest in them, too.

Sharron came all the way from Houston!
Katie.
Erica.

Showing off your new Houston shirt that Sharron brought you.
You recently got your bedtime pushed back about 30 minutes and that means we've had a little extra time together in the evenings.  We've spent a lot of nights playing family card games until bedtime and it's been really fun.  You're an Uno pro.
With a little help, you counted to 100 this month.  We mapped out all the numbers on a 10x10 grid and talked about the patterns and how the digits repeat in rows and columns and I like to think that helped you understand a little better.  (Maybe not, but I try.)
Shopping for birthday gifts is so stressful!


Trying on Cinderella's glass slipper at the Children's Museum.






A lovely visit to the zoo.  Hello tortoise.
There is a new Lorikeets exhibit going on right now that you wanted to try.  You can buy a cup of nectar to feed the birds.  Unfortunately we didn't really watch anyone else before walking in.  The second we walked in the door I was swarmed with birds.  There were probably at least a dozen on me:  head shoulders, hands, and all up and down my arms.  I never even got to give you the nectar cup because it was so overwhelming.  You were sort of half laughing, half scared.

And I got pooped on, because obviously.

Also, this is a good time to remind you that I have a bird phobia and you should consider this a sign of my eternal love for you.
Finally, after my nectar cup was empty the birds migrated to another unsuspecting visitor and I was able to discard the cup so we could actually look around.  We found a nice zoo employee feeding an injured bird out of a mostly empty cup and he let you hold the cup and, eventually, the bird let you hold it as well.  This was sort of a redemption for the Lorikeets exhibit since this was really sweet and exactly what you wanted out of it.




First time I've ever seen your name on the nap board at school.  I should have read more into it right away because you ended up sick later in the week and this should have clued me in sooner.
You really wanted a picture with the Christmas squirrel that you picked out, but you refused to let me turn on any lights to take it, so this was the best I could do.
Ms. Anna reading your class a story.
Making turkeys for our Thanksgiving table.


Picnic!  The weather has been amazing!
Stripes on stripes on stripes.

Poor sick girl.  This was the first time I've ever had the school call me to pick you up.  Your fever was over 100 degrees.  Mrs. Rodriguez said she had to ask twice when the teacher told her you were sick because you are her healthiest student.
When you woke up the next morning and found out that your fever meant you had to miss TWO birthday parties, I decided we would put up the Christmas tree as a consolation.

Finally feeling better and out Christmas shopping for all your cousins.  We worked up an appetite and had to stop for Wetzels Pretzels.
With the snow birds starting to come back to town, things have been noticeably busier around here lately.  One morning on the way to school you declared, "This traffic is unusual for La Quinta."  Bravo for noticing and bravo for your very mature grammar.
Wrapping gifts and preparing to ship!

You picked this doll as a gift for someone (who will remain unnamed until Christmas comes).  You carried it through the whole store, held it in the car the whole way home, and took it to your room (in the box) to meet your Jessie.  When it was time to wrap her, you had to give the box a hug first and say goodbye.
Current favorite movie and music:  Moana.  We listen to the Soundtrack almost exclusively and it's the only movie you've chosen since we first let you watch it.  Approximately 400 times per day I hear:  "If you write with a chicken it's called tweeting."
Painting ceramics with Serefina at Old Town Artisan Studio in La Quinta.  I am sort of in love with this place now.



Setting the table for Thanksgiving.

Hanging Christmas lights with Daddy.


Pedometer in tow, of course.

You found this in my drawer one day and wanted to know what it's for.  I told you that it counts your steps.  A few minutes later you asked, "Is it changing mommy?"  I looked up to see you doing laps around the living room....with the pedometer sitting on the table.


Shields Date Garden.
How would you like to be on that ladder?  No thank you!







Strawberry slushie!
Pecan pie and coconut milk ice cream.

Painting kindness rocks....and acting like a monkey.

Mommy-daughter date to see Cinderella live.

Animal Samaritans visit to your school.  The woman taught your class about how to be safe around animals and how to take care of pets.  I thought it seemed like a great presentation, but now you are constantly worried about being bitten by animals.





No comments:

Post a Comment