Tuesday, May 31, 2022

May 2022

 Dad's birthday!


You got Ares to eat treats out of your hand.
I started out the day early on Mother's Day with a hike at Ebey's Landing with my friend Megan.
And when I came home you and Dad were waiting to greet me when I walked in.
With gifts too!
You made me my own Usable Movable Pocket from the Kinley Kingdom Clothing Store. I love your ingenuity. You always hear me complain about how women's pockets are too small and the clothing industry is forcing us to carry purses. This was your very clever solution for me. I adore it.

We also did another one of our craft boxes and created a decorative tray with pressed flowers in it.
You did some jumping rope during drying time. At some point your necklace fell off. We all searched everywhere and couldn't find it. You were devastated. Later I found you in your bedroom playing Barbies. I asked what the Barbies were up to and you told me they were having a funeral for your necklace.

It was a little premature though, I found the necklace in the laundry the next day.

I even convinced you to do some Mother's Day weeding for me.
The many poses of Ares.
Next day, taking the tray out of the mold.
Tada!
Planting my Mother's Day lupine that you started from seeds for me at school. It's just a tiny sprout right now so we made it a mini greenhouse from a plastic bottle to make sure no critters try to eat it.
Ares is getting more comfortable with us holding him.
You like to make sure he gets to know Grandma and Grandpa.
All dressed up to go see Clue at Whidbey Children's Theatre!

You have been singing me this Peanut Butter in a Cup song all school year and I think it's adorable so I told you I wanted to get it recorded before 3rd grade is over and you ultimately forget it.

Dad picked Strawberry Rhubarb for May's pie of the month. You and I were a bit skeptical, but we all liked it!
Family hike at Deception Pass State Park.



You have been making a lot of characters in your Dollify app. I noticed that several of the girls had moles near the top of the forehead, just like you do. You told me that's the "girl mole" and all the girl characters you make have one.
Play date with Kira! We met her at Castle Park and then went for ice cream at Sprinkles when we were done.
And somehow the two of you ended up in the water before the day was over.
You have been practicing all month for your audition for this summer's Wizard of Oz performance. Unfortunately, on audition day, the theater decided to postpone the auditions for a couple more weeks, but you know this so well I know you are going to do great, no matter when it happens.

I know you are nervous, but I just keep reminding you that everyone in the room has had a first time and they all understand how it feels. However it goes, just give it your best for that day, and that's the best you can do.


Finally, I just adore this painting of Ares you created in your last book club meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment