Oh February, how I am glad to see you go. What a month! We started out the month on a sad note when Dad left for Olney to attend his Aunt Winnie's funeral. Shortly after his return he came down with COVID, then two days later it hit me. Somehow you managed to avoid ever testing positive, though I'm not entirely convinced you didn't have a mild case anyway. We were both pretty useless for a week or so with headaches, body aches, nausea, chills, congestion, and general GI discomfort. Once we finally started feeling better we both developed back pain that continued on all the way through the end of the month, and beyond.
With that said, I am extremely grateful that it wasn't worse and thankful that you came out relatively unaffected (just minor congestion), aside from having to miss 5 days of school.
Needless to say, I don't have a multitude of fun things to share, but thankfully we got in a highlights here and there anyway.
Hard at work on your custom Valentines for school.
We finally decided to try out the indoor swimming pool in Oak Harbor while dad was away and we had so much fun! We hope to start making more trips to fit that in on weekends once in awhile. Clearly, you were testing out your old goggles before we went.
A COVID Super Bowl.
Mrs. Richards (the principal) asked me if you would present at the school board meeting. You shared information about all the activities for Random Acts of Kindess (RAK) week, including the WAIF pet food drive. Your poster is above the WAIF Donations sign if you zoom in on this photo.
At least twice this month I was driving you to school in snow, we had over an inch of hail at home one day, a 2-hour delay for school one day, and I am READY FOR SPRING!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment