Thursday, March 16, 2023

Keeper of the Memories

I've been writing this blog for over 10 years now. I am so glad I started it and have so many wonderful memories here. You and I have read the whole thing together from start to finish and you now read the new posts all on your own.

What started out as a way to document your growth, has sort of evolved into mostly just a way of sharing photos. I really enjoyed marking all your milestones when you were tiny and having a place to tuck away all those precious moments that I never want to forget.

But as time has passed, I find that in more recent years, writing new posts has become more of a chore than a pleasure and, after a lot of thought, I think it's time to take a step back. That doesn't mean I will never write another post, because I sure hope that I do. But instead of monthly posts to document every life event, maybe I'll just share the big things or revert back to more of how it started: a way for me to share my thoughts and feelings, rather than a photo reel.

So don't be surprised if these posts become fewer and farther between. The truth is, you are old enough now, you don't need me to memorialize everything you do. In all honesty, your memory is way better than mine. And I don't want to take away from your own memories if the way I remember something is different than it is for you. I no longer need to be the Keeper of the Memories because you are that for yourself now.

No comments:

Post a Comment