Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Last Day of 4th Grade

Dear Kinley,

I feel like this particular last day of school is a momentous day, even more than usual. I have observed so many changes in you this school year and I am bursting with pride. I can't remember any other single year in which I've seen you mature so much. You have overcome an extremely challenging year in the classroom. You are in a room packed with way too many kids with a teacher that has been a terrible fit for you from Day 1.

You have managed to keep a *mostly* positive attitude and still eagerly get up and get ready for school every day when I know it's not always easy. You have somehow managed to put up with me and my "Mom Homework" with minimal complaints.

You have filled your days with as many extra-curricular activities as possible, from Highly Capable Learners, playground mediator, and Principal's Advisory Committee to Writing Club and Drama Club.

You helped plan, execute, and present a school-wide art project for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. You confidently spoke at a board meeting. You have met with the principal and personally wrote narratives to share with the whole school for various projects.

You may not feel like much of a leader, but I see that you are. You stand out among your peers and always manage to do so while remaining kind and true to yourself. I see classmates look to you for help and you always set an example for good behavior.

You always strive to do your best and be your best in every way. You have shown your own ability to read others and choose friends that are amazing people and you are learning to identify those who may not always display the best character traits.

Outside of school, you have continued to pursue your love of theatre every opportunity you get. Every audition is better than the one before and you graciously accept feedback on how to make it even better, which is not an easy thing to do.

I am so proud of you in so many ways and can't wait to see what the next year has in store. Right now I think we are all breathing a huge sigh of relief as this school year comes to a close and you get to ramp up on your next big adventure: Willy Wonka Jr.

All my love,

Mom 💜


 

No comments:

Post a Comment