Today I am 16 weeks pregnant. I've gained about 5 pounds and I can no longer button my go-to black pants.
I went back to the doctor yesterday. No ultrasound this time, but I did get to hear your heartbeat. I got a flu shot to protect you and me both, and they took more of my blood. Dr. Rosenbaum says everything is normal and she expects we will be cleared to travel for the holidays.
I am no longer so certain you are a boy. I have had two dreams that you are a girl. And my friend from work who thinks she wants to be a psychic says she thinks you are a girl. I don't really believe in all that, but it was fun to hear what she had to say anyway. (For the record, aside from that, I've asked her to never tell me anything else about me under any circumstances.)
I'm still not feeling really great yet. I try to operate as close to normal as I can, but I just don't have the energy or motivation right now. The apartment is kind of a wreck, I'm constantly behind on laundry, and I could really stand to run the vacuum. But none of these things seem all that important to me right now.
I hope that the me that you will one day know still loves to crochet. It is one of the only things that is always soothing to me and makes me feel better whether I am sick or stressed or just in a bad mood. As a result, I've been in full on crochet mode since I started feeling crummy and have now knocked out a whole collection of baby hats and just recently moved on to stuffed animals. Whether any of them will ever be used I don't know, but I enjoy it and don't intend to stop. As soon as I find out whether you are a boy or girl I will be rushing to a craft store to buy appropriately colored yarn so that I can start you a baby blanket. And I can't wait for that.
Your daddy is finally working fewer hours now that his deadline is over. I'm very happy to have him back home more and be spending more time with him. He is immersed in watching football and is starting to get back into playing basketball and trying to get into better shape. I watch him practice his throwing motion in the living room and he tells me he is perfecting his form so that he will be prepared to teach you how to throw. And that makes me smile.

.jpg)

OMG!!!! I love that blue hat!!!!! The brimmed one!!! You are getting good girl! Thinking about you and can't wait to hear the sex! I won't rush out for yarn but definitely for some gender appropriate goodies!!!!
ReplyDeleteClara