Mother’s Day was May 12 and you were kind enough to grace me
with the gift of a good night’s sleep. You even let me snag a couple of extra hours
in the morning after you woke up and I brought you to our bed to let you lay
next to me.
You are fun to watch in mirrors. Initially, you would intensely study my
reflection. I think you were intrigued
by this second Mommy. And more recently
you have started taking notice of the baby in the mirror, too.
As of last week, I would say you’ve definitely discovered
your hands. One day I put your toy bar
on the bouncy seat, as I’d done several times before. But this time, you started batting at the
toys and discovered that you, too, could make them make noise. It was so neat watching you figure this out
and “play” for the first time.
You have started “talking” more. You have certainly been making your own
little noises for some time now, but I think we are now moving into the little
coos that everyone loves so much. It’s
not a lot just yet, but when I sit and talk to you, sometimes you grace me with
your own little reply of “aaaah” or something similar.
Last week we had your 2 month checkup with Dr.
Nourmand. You were 15 pounds 1 ounce and
24.5 inches long. You also got your
first big dose of immunizations. You
were a champ. Of course you cried when they gave you the shots, but you did
great. Initially you seemed fine, but several
hours later, it all finally kicked in and you screamed and wailed like never
before. We gave you some Tylenol that
really did the trick, but until it kicked in, Daddy and I were doing everything
we could to provide you some form of comfort, with very little success. Once the Tylenol finally started working I
let you sleep in my arms for a long time, and when I finally put you down in
your bouncy seat I felt so bad that I couldn’t bring myself to wake you to put
you in bed. I slept on the couch with you next to me in your seat until
you woke to eat and then we both went to our beds for the rest of the night. I think all 3 of us were traumatized and I’m
already dreading the next round of vaccines.
Daddy is convinced that all your socks are too tight around your ankles. I tell him they're just fine, but I still find him taking them off when he holds you. Sometimes I even hear him telling you that they are "mommy's torture devices" when I'm not in the room. Trust me though, they are fine.
Daddy is convinced that all your socks are too tight around your ankles. I tell him they're just fine, but I still find him taking them off when he holds you. Sometimes I even hear him telling you that they are "mommy's torture devices" when I'm not in the room. Trust me though, they are fine.
Grandpa Mike and Grandma Norma are here visiting (*spoiling*) you this
week. And they are just thrilled about that. Last night they stayed home with you while Daddy and I went out to a movie. Your first babysitters. I was a little nervous to leave you, but of course everything was fine. I held onto my phone throughout the entire movie, just to be safe.
Love all the pictures!! Kinley is getting so big already. I can't wait to see her at Thanksgiving.
ReplyDeleteI love this blog!!