Saturday, May 11, 2013

8 Weeks Old


Daddy has been in Boulder for the past two weeks for work.  I was sad when he found out he was going to go, and you’ve given me a few rough days, but overall we’ve been doing pretty well.  We’re thrilled for him to be home today and hoping that if he has to go back, it won’t be for long.  He did come home for the weekend in between and we celebrated his 30th birthday while he was here.  He missed you (us) and swears you grew while he was gone.  While he was away, I would put him on speakerphone when I talked to him on the phone so you could hear his voice.

Pay no attention to the mustache, this is Daddy's idea of birthday humor.
I think you inherited your Daddy’s sinfully long eyelashes.  I can tell they are getting longer and they are so pretty.  You’re going to be a heartbreaker some day.
You are starting to grasp things more and more.  You sometimes like to “hold” onto your bottle while I’m feeding you and you have really started grabbing my hair, necklace, shirt, or whatever else is in reach.  I also swear you have pushed a falling pacifier back into your mouth at least twice.
You are becoming more responsive to noises.  You are starting to take notice of certain toys that jingle or play music.  When I have your attention, I sometimes put your hands on the object so you can start to see what different things feel like.
You are learning your geography at an early age.  There is a world map hanging over your changing table and you like to stare at it while having your diaper changed.  You and I “talk” about which countries you dream of visiting.
You love your bouncy seat.  This is nothing new, I just don’t think I’ve remembered to mention it before now.
You are becoming more active.  When I put you in your bouncy seat, I often cover your legs with a blanket and in just the past week, you’ve learned how to kick it off.  A few times you have managed to scoot yourself down in your crib a good 6 inches or so and I can see that you are going to be on the move before long.

When I wrap you up in your towel after bathtime, I call you my Little Baby Burrito.  Then we go sit on the couch to put on your lotion and I call it Little Baby Spa Day.  You enjoy my humor, trust me on this.
Your Aunt Brandee came to meet you last week.  We had some real girls’ only time since Daddy was out of town for much of her visit.
I am getting more comfortable going out and about with you.  We’ve been to more restaurants and to the airport and we even had a lunch date with my friend Sharron this week.  We also go walking several times each week and have slowly been adding a little more distance to our route each time.

1 comment:

  1. So glad it worked out that Aunt Brandee was there to spend time with you since Daddy had to be gone. You are growing so fast, can't wait for our turn to come meet, cuddle & kiss you!!

    ReplyDelete