Oh my goodness! How has 8 months gone
by so quickly? You are becoming so grown up it's scary! The past
month has flown by and you are just growing and learning new things
so quickly I can't keep up!
You've totally mastered sitting up and have been trying so hard to figure out how to get yourself in a seated position on your own without us having to place you there. You haven't quite figured it out yet, but I feel like you're close.
You are a rolling fool, wiggling and
rolling about all over the place. You now love your tummy. You get
up on your arms and scoot yourself all around. A couple of times
I've watched you do a full 360 degree rotation in one spot, possibly
just proud of the fact that you can.
When you hang out on your tummy you
like to kick your feet back and forth and it makes me think of a
teenager hanging out talking on the phone or doing homework. It's
really cute, but it also freaks me out a little. Slow down, Honey,
you've got all the time in the world.
You are becoming increasingly more
interactive. You now let us know when you want to be picked up.
When you're sitting you will raise your arms to us and if you are on
your tummy you stick out your chest and put your arms out to your
sides and slightly backwards, like you're trying to play airplane or
something. Either way, that's you telling us, “hey, pick me up!”
You have become more and more ticklish
and we have lots of fun making you laugh and laugh and laugh.
We had a fun, fun, fun Halloween! We
went to a costume party at your friend Cameron's house and you had a
blast! It took you a bit to warm up to the new environment, but by
the end of the night you were playing and laughing and having a
wonderful time! Then on Halloween day, we met some of your friends
and went “trick or treating” on Montana Ave. in Santa Monica. It
was really busy and I thought you might get scared, but you did
great.
Even before you learned how to roll or
scoot on your own, you started to understand physics. When playing
on the floor, if there is a toy or something you want out of reach,
you will pull on the blanket to bring the object closer to you. I've
always been quite impressed with your resourcefulness. But I
couldn't help laugh a few days ago when I'm pretty sure you were
trying to pull me towards you. Sorry Sweetheart, but I think you're
going to have to get a lot stronger before you can do that.
You are becoming more and more grown up
in so many ways, big and small. As soon as you turned 7 months, you
decided to be a big girl and stop fighting me when I give you your
vitamins in the morning. It's a small thing, but sometimes those
little things make a big difference. I'm pretty sure that every
morning of the past month I've told you the same thing: “7 month
olds take their vitamins like a champ.”
Despite my greatest efforts, you
sometimes roll onto your tummy in your sleep. It makes me a nervous
wreck. Sometimes we try to roll you back over. You either (a) stay
asleep and roll right back onto your tummy again, or (b) wake up
immediately. Neither is what we're aiming for. I intend to ask Dr.
Nourmand about this at your appointment next week. It's probably not
a big deal, but I still can't help worrying.
The week of October 28 you found a new
favorite sound: “mamamamam.” We don't think you actually know
what mama means, but I love it anyway. You say it all the time and
it's adorable.
On November 1 your first tooth broke
through! It was your bottom left front tooth and the right one was
not far behind, coming through just 3 days later on November 4. They
aren't all the way in yet, but both continue to make their appearance
more and more noticeable.
Last week you developed a
really nasty diaper rash. I had noticed a little redness a few days
earlier and thought I was staying on top of it and then BAM, out of
nowhere it was bright red and looked terrible. You were in pain and
Daddy and I were a mess trying to figure out how to help you.
Finally we were able to provide you some relief with a soak in the
tub and a good dose of powder. The next day I took you to the doctor
and they confirmed that we were doing all the right things and told
me how to move forward to clear it up as quickly as possible. It
started looking much better in just a day or two and is still
continuing to heal up. It didn't seem to bother you much after the
first day or two and that's the most important part, but we've spent
a lot of time hanging out diaper-free and loading you up with layers
of creams and powders when we do have to put a diaper on. I hope it
all clears up soon and that I am better able to prevent it in the
future. The doctor says it's probably related to teething so I'm
just going to have to be on high alert when the next tooth starts to
come in.
Finally, today we are hosting our very own play date for all of your baby friends! I love getting together with the other mommies and hope we can all stay in touch and watch all of you grow together. You are becoming more interactive with the other babies and you are all so much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment