First, let me say that the biggest part of the reason we even got the new table was for your safety. You could move the old table around all over the dining room and had pulled the stools over on top of yourself a few times already. We were in need of an upgrade anyway, so we decided to go ahead and invest in something a bit sturdier. Your dad didn't like the idea of a bench, but he let me get it because I really wanted it and I think you will like it when you get bigger.
Now, back to your fall....face first into the corner of the bench. We both knew before you even started crying that it was not good. This was the first time you've hurt yourself enough to actually bleed and the area around it was swelling up. I had just bought a little penguin ice pack for you at CVS a couple of days prior (it's almost as if I unknowingly made this happen), so we tried to put that on to keep it from getting too bad. Daddy wondered if we should cancel with the photographer but we decided to wait and see what it looked like in the morning. And to be honest, we both agreed it looked much better than we thought it could have.
So I asked the photographer how much she would charge me to remove the scratch from some of my favorite images and she agreed to do 10 at no charge. There were so many great photos it was hard to narrow it down, but we finally did and today I got the retouched images back from her.
And now that I've managed to make a short story really long....on to other things. Your 12 month doctor's appointment was the following day, on March 25. You weighed 30 pounds exactly and were 33 3/4 inches tall. (To be fair, I measured you at home at 33 inches even, but I'm going with the doctor's measurement here because I have for all the other appointments.) And your head measured at 49 centimeters, same as last appointment. You are still off the charts on all your measurements, but you gained only 13 ounces since your last appointment and Daddy and I think you even appear to be slimming down a little now that you're walking. I've even noticed a few of your pants are seeming a little loose around the waist. Not to imply that we ever thought you were too big, just noting that it seems your rapid growth may be slowing down a bit, which is okay too.
Dr. Nourmand was very pleased with everything. She has no concerns and answered the questions I went in with. She gave me some ideas to try to get you to drink milk (you absolutely refuse cow's milk). So far none of them have been really successful, but we continue to try. And she assured me that if you really won't drink any type of milk, you will still be fine. So I've been giving you more yogurt and cheese to make up for it and we're trying coconut milk, almond milk, soy milk, and even chocolate milk in the meantime.
So without further ado, here are the pictures. Enjoy!
Here are some of the ones that weren't retouched, still great photos, scratch or no scratch.
You had a blast playing in the sand. I was a nervous wreck trying to keep you from eating it and make sure you didn't fall in face first.
























No comments:
Post a Comment