Monday, June 16, 2014

15 Months Old!

You can correctly identify your belly button, nose, and eyes and can follow simple commands.

You now say "Daddy."  We haven't been really sure if you're referring to Daddy or not but I think at this point I'm pretty certain that you are at least some of the time.

You finally started drinking cow's milk.  Not a lot, but at least some each day and on some days you will drink a full cup or more.  It's a start.

You now face forward in your car seat and I think you like it.  I sometimes turn around to smile at you when we're stopped at lights and you love that.

Your friend Charlotte likes to carry your picture around her house, outside, in the bathtub, play in puddles, and anywhere else that she can.  I think it's the sweetest thing.  Her parents asked for a replacement picture because the first one was getting pretty beat up.  I gave them a couple of spares.

You like to play Up and Down on curbs.  This is just what it sounds.  Step up on the curb, then turn around and step back down.  Repeat.  I think you would do it all day if I let you.

You like to try to climb stairs.  You can't do it on your own yet, but you're getting pretty good when holding onto hands.

You love to wear your sunglasses, outside and in.  You bring them to us and hold your head out so we'll put them on.  I finally had to buy you a new pair when your first pair got too scratched up.

You love to play with your shapes sorting cube.  Your favorite shape is the circle.  But you're getting pretty good at all of the shapes.

You like to splash in the bathtub and you try to drink the bathwater from your toys.  You hand cups to me and want me to pour the water out so you can put your hands in the stream and try to catch the water in your mouth.

You say "yeah."  I'm not sure if you know what it means but you definitely know it's appropriate to say in response to a question.  I'm so glad you picked up on "yes" before "no."

You are starting to become more picky about your food.  For the most part you are still a good eater, but you're starting to have more of an opinion about some of the things I offer you.  When there is something on your tray that you don't want to eat, you test each piece of food by sticking your tongue out and touching the food to it before putting it in your mouth to make sure you're not getting a piece of the "bad" food.

You are turning into a total Daddy's Girl.  This became very apparent when we came home from Oklahoma a few weeks ago.  In fact, if I try to put you to bed before he gets home you fight me tooth and nail until I finally let you come back out and search the apartment for him.  I eventually declared that he is required to come straight home from work for a few weeks to make sure you get some time to play before bed.

I've caught you licking the screen doors and the walls on the balcony outside.

You love to stand on things.  Everything is a stool.  I've even caught you trying to stand on two water bottles.  You lined them up very carefully foot-width apart, then started to put your first foot on the taller of the two and at that point I knew it was time to put an end to where this was going.

You like to "ride" everything.  It started with your rocking giraffe.  You would get on it and sort of hop up and down to get it going.  But now it's moved on to anything.  You climb on Daddy and me and ride and now you're even just "riding" while you sit on the floor on your knees.

You are now completely weaned.  Around your birthday I cut back on breastfeeding a little at a time and was soon only nursing at bedtime and overnight.  We were both fine with this arrangement for a good long while, but I finally decided that I thought it was time to take the last step and finish the process of weaning.  And we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment