I'm always trying to come up with different ideas for entertainment to keep us occupied and let you learn and explore new things. A couple of weeks ago I decided to let you try painting. Knowing your propensity to put things in your mouth I was only willing to try it with fully edible paint, so I found a "recipe" that suggested just using Jello mix with a little water. I added a little too much water, so then tried to compensate by adding a bunch of cornstarch to thicken it back up, so it wasn't quite as tasty as it could have been, but nevertheless was completely harmless and we were ready to go.
It was supposed to be finger paint, but I pulled out a brush anyway just to see if you liked it and you had a ball.
Love this smile.
The inevitable taste.
Look how much fun you're having!
Being the planner that I am, I thought ahead and prepared the pool before we started so I could just strip you down and let you get all cleaned up before we went back inside. However, as soon as I sat you in the pool you thought you needed to get back out and do a little more painting.
You were eventually happy to play in the pool.
The final masterpiece. It probably could have been better had I not used waxy paper, but it was really about the experience more than the product. And we definitely had fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment