Sunday, April 12, 2015

Weekend in San Diego

Today we got home from a long weekend in San Diego.  It was a somewhat last minute trip but was just what we all needed.  We had a really great time and I think we're all feeling a little recharged and refreshed.

How to keep a 2-year old entertained on a long car trip?  Get her really excited about the music playing.


Looking longingly out the window at the pool, despite the fact we had just returned from there.
 
Taking a walk to look at the boats.
First taste of Nutella!  You were quite pleased.
Watching the boats on Mission Bay.


New playground!  This was a great spot, I think we were here for at least 2 hours without even realizing how long we'd stayed.










Excited for the crown you got while waiting for our food.
San Diego Zoo Safari Park.  Daddy and I have talked about coming here for years and we are so glad we went.  It had all you want from a really great zoo, and more.  We'll surely be back.


This is first and foremost a breeding facility for the San Diego Zoo and other zoos, which means lots of baby animals!  They said they were having an average of 1-2 births per day right now.  If you look closely you can spot the baby gorilla below.

We didn't ride in the balloon but we sure liked watching it anyway.








Ready to get on our tram ride.
I was trying to grab a shot of us all while we were waiting to take off but I kept cutting off your head.  This isn't a great picture, but it at least got all of us in it.
This is more what most of them ended up like.













You were all about the pool at our hotel.  I love that you love the water.  Even if it was too chilly for my taste, we still had a lot of fun.  (For the record, I was in the water too, I just got out first to get towels because it was only in the 60s that day.)

All in all a great trip.  We should do things like this more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment