Thursday, April 30, 2015

April 2015

Another fun, busy month for us, Kiddo!  On April 1 your top right molar finally broke through, and the left one came in the very next day.  These, combined with the two on bottom that were still trying to come in the rest of the way, make Daddy and I suspect we know what some of our recent sleeping woes have been attributable to.  You had your first dental visit on April 7 and the dentist was surprised to see so many coming in at once.  She said usually the bottom come in all the way and then there is a break before the top ones start coming through.  She was feeling bad for you, poor girl!

Daddy watched you do your first somersault on April 5, though almost a full month has passed and we haven't seen a second one so maybe it was just by chance.

You continue to love school and love the bunnies at school.  So much so that you have renamed two of your stuffed bunnies at home Marshmallow and House Bird, which are the names of the bunnies at school.  Miss Sunshine seemed slightly embarrassed the first time I asked the bunnies' names because her 4 year old daughter named them and she thought House Bird might be a little confusing for the students.  But I thought they were great names and probably make perfect sense to children.  I tend to think you agree. 

You like to wear skirts and dresses.  You prefer leggings over jeans or other pants.  And you nearly always want black leggings as opposed to other colors.  You like to wear your black patent Mary Janes even with the most casual of outfits and, as long as we're not going somewhere that it's unreasonable (like a sandy playground or the beach), I let you.

Every morning you wake up and climb out of bed then tentatively open the door and peek out until you see me, at which point you come running for me to pick you up and give you a hug.  I squeeze you tight and rock back and forth saying "mmm, mmm, mmm" with each rock.  I didn't realize my predictability so much until you started doing it back and now you like to make "mmmm" sounds any time you give really good hugs, even to your stuffed animals.

One morning when you ran into my arms and I picked you up, you asked to see the dolphins out the window.  It was kind of a surreal moment for me to think that's your life, getting up and looking at dolphins out the window any old time you please.  We didn't actually see any dolphins that day, but we had seen lots of them a week or so prior so in your mind, I'm sure they should be there to look at any time you want.

Your play style has been getting more and more imaginative.  You like to have your animals and dolls do normal people things like go potty and wash their hands.  I am constantly reminding you that some of the things they do should be pretend, like pretend wash their hands, or else they would all be a horrible mess.  I've still noticed an increased rate of baths (laundering) necessary as I've found them with remnants of things like avocado and yogurt all over their faces.  You also like to have them "do" things by guiding their hands.  For instance, Mickey likes to water the plants.

You have started singing the Macho Man song.  We have no idea where you even heard it in the first place.  While he denies it, I'm certain it was from Daddy somewhere along the way.

The only way we can get you to nap is to take you for a ride in the car.  It's becoming a little exhausting for me, but at the same time, I do consider it my downtime each afternoon.  You only nap 40 minutes anyway so by the time you fall asleep and I drive to somewhere to park the car I often only have around 20 minutes or so anyway and have taken to reading books, which is something I haven't had time for in quite awhile.

When I get out my camera you say that Mommy is "taking a smile."  I love this.

And now, on to the pictures....feeding the bunnies at school.  We pick mint out of the garden and the bunnies love it.  This is Marshmallow.

First trip to the dentist.  You got to sit in a car chair and we buckled Charlie in with you.
Even Charlie got his teeth cleaned.
Your first taste of mint chocolate chip ice cream (my favorite).  You were a fan.

Reading in Bunny's bed.
All of your animals all lined up.  You look pleased with yourself.
Charlie and "the Lolas."  Otherwise known as Charlie, Lola, and Other Lola.  Also showing off the first day of your haircut.


Your Easter basket.  The little bunny in front is Marshmallow.  ;)

Fruit snacks!
Hunting for eggs in the living room.  Sorry kid, we don't have a yard.

Checking out the loot.

First taste of Peeps.  You liked it, but not as much as I thought you might, considering your love of marshmallows.  I think you didn't like the sugar left on your hands.
Daddy was playing video games one day and you grabbed an extra controller and sat next to him to "play" along.  I noticed you were even looking to see which buttons he was using and held yours exactly the same.
I decided to get you a second stool so we could leave one at the potty and one at the sink.  But the day the second one showed up you quickly decided it was so you could have one for each foot.  You carried them all over the house trying them out this way.
Excited for your new bunny PJs.
Soon after our trip to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, we made a little habitat for your animals:  trees, a lake, ice, bamboo, rocks.  There was something for everyone.
You enjoyed planting the tomatoes and grass so much that we decided to add more plants.  We added more veggies and some flowers.  I'm not sure how good I'll be at growing them but we at least have some sprouts so far.
Our own little garden!
We made an impromptu trip back to the Zimmer Children's Museum last week.  It had been about 6 months since our first visit and it was as great as I remembered.


This is the precise moment when you spotted the fake fish and sharks in the water area.  You were so distraught I moved them to a separate tub of water so you could be sure they wouldn't get you.


Love this face.


I finally remembered to get your very own watering can.  As previously noted, Mickey likes to help.  Usually he even helps hold the handle.  ;)
How you like to eat raspberries.

I can't help thinking of your cousin Edie when you play at the sink.  You love it, though I don't really let you do it all that often with the drought and all.  I don't know how much it means to you yet but I do talk to you about not wasting water and recycling and things like that.
Seems like a good spot for a sticker to me.
Mommy & Daddy's 6 year anniversary.  We decided to try out a new place with a great outdoor space for exploring and great views.  Unfortunately it started raining just as we pulled in (Seriously, rain?  That's not even something you ever consider in LA.)  We got a table by a heater but as soon as we were done eating we left without getting to check out the area.  We hope to go back soon.

Our home for Charlie & Lola.
You love it when Daddy reads you a bedtime story.
First nail polish.  A belated birthday gift that's been a big hit.

Playing at the park.


Picnic at the park.
This grassy area is by the library.  We always sit here and read whatever books we check out, have a snack, and run around a little when we finish at the library.  I think you like going to the library for this as much as you do for the books.



No comments:

Post a Comment