Sunday, September 6, 2015

Natural History Museum and LA Zoo

This week will be your first day of preschool for the fall.  To make the most of our last days commitment-free, I took the day off on Friday and we went to the Natural History Museum.  My friend Sharron happened to ask if we were free for breakfast that day, so instead of breakfast I invited her to join us at the museum and we got to spend the whole day with her.  We had lots of fun and enjoyed the extra company.  Sharron is sort of your BFF.  You ask to look at pictures of her all the time.



Just in the nick of time.  I've been wanting to make it here for the butterfly exhibit.  This was the last week it was open.  Whew!  The attendant was impressed you were wearing your butterfly shirt (one of them).  You kept holding your hand out hoping one would land on it, but we were not quite that lucky.  Still really cool though.




I told Sharron she's too dark to be the one sitting in the shadows, but I love this picture anyway.  :)

It would have taken me half an hour to figure out the settings on my camera to get a really good picture of this, but I loved watching you look at the animals and wanted to capture it the best I could anyway.
All smiles!  You found $5 in the laundry this week and I told you we could bring it to the museum and you could pick out anything you wanted.  You chose T-Rex binoculars.


Then, at the last minute, Daddy and I decided it would be a good time to go to the zoo, so today we had a good family visit there as well.  What a fun weekend!





I always ask, but this was the first time you've wanted to ride on an animal that goes up and down.  You did really well, but after the first round or two decided you needed to hold me a little tighter.  You got me in a good headlock and I spent the rest of the ride getting a good quad workout as I bent up and down with the fish you were riding so you could still hold on tight.
Exhausted and hot!  Ready to go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment