Thursday, June 30, 2016

June 2016

Favorite quotes and mispronunciations:
"my muver" = my mother
You are starting to pronounce your "Ls" better.  "Chilly" instead of "Chiw-wee"
"marmalade" = marbled, when referring to mixed colors
"eye snot" = the stuff you find in the corners of your eyes
"Excuse me, can you help me?  I'm looking for lightning bugs with my flashlight."  So proper.
  You actually say lots of things that seem very formal for a 3-year old.  I need to be writing these down more.


You nap so rarely now that when you do I usually take a few moments to just watch and take it in.  On this day I told you that you needed to lay down for a few minutes and you insisted that Elmo and Cookie Monster do the same.  Group nap!

Last day of school.  *tear*
Our realtor brought you this doll that I guess she had stored in her house.  We have no real attachment to porcelain dolls so we let you get her down from time to time and play, as gently as possible.  I suspect that 6 months from now she is just going to be one giant tangle of hair, but we are attempting to keep her looking decent for as long as possible.

In case there was any doubt about your favorite color.
Sushi!

Knowing that we will soon be moving away from the ocean, I've been trying to take it in and enjoy it as much as possible in the meantime.  One Sunday morning we went to Zuma Beach and walked in the sand and watched the waves and surfers for a good long time.

One day after school we had to stop 2 times between the car and the apartment for you to listen to the Doc McStuffins song.  Here:
And here.  You said you were going to listen on every step, but I put an end to that.

Also, wearing your shirt backwards.  I've been encouraging you to dress yourself more, which means we've had a lot of backwards clothes lately.
Last day of soccer.




Sidewalk chalk.
Here is what you drew.  It is a Daddy, Kinley, and Mommy.
You asked for a picture with your animals.  I just love this face.
Last day of school.

You have full conversations with your toys now.  About everything.  Sometimes it's really more like you are narrating your own life.  I hear a lot of talk about things "my muver" or "my mommy" says and does.


Playing doctor with your toys.  You MAY have ripped the arm off of Daddy's Barry Bonds statue.  You must be stronger than me because I can't get it back in the socket.  Daddy has been in Austin all week.  He doesn't know yet.  (He won't care, he lets you play with it.)
Bandage.
Blood pressure.
First day of summer camp.

Still trying to fix Barry.

It's apparently noteworthy to mention that we saw Snoop Dogg in Ralphs a few months ago.  I sort of forgot about it but it has come up in conversation a few times recently and people seem to think that's pretty cool and funny, so just thought it deserves to make it into your little history.

We were in the produce section and we came to an impasse by the bananas and he gestured to let us go first.  I'm sort of celebrity illiterate, so when I got to the car I googled him to make sure it was the right guy.  So really celebrity illiterate I guess.




No comments:

Post a Comment