Monday, June 20, 2016

Olney Visit 2016

Today we returned from a wonderful visit to Olney, Illinois to visit family and friends, relax, and have fun.  I think we were having too much fun for me to get any really great photos, and many of them are uploaded all out of order, but I figure bad pictures and a bad post are better than none at all.

Here you are wearing the top from my Jazzercise outfit from when I was probably around 8 years old.  I don't have any pictures from when I wore this available to me right now but if I can find one I will share.  Maybe Grandma Norma can assist if I can't find it.
Lots of golf cart rides.
Hot dogs and marshmallows cooked over a fire.
We got to swim 3 times while we were home, you were loving it!  We are definitely going to have to scope out a good pool near our home when we move.
Daddy letting you steer the golf cart.
More pool fun.

New toys from your cousins!
 

Smores!
Of course there can't be a Steber gathering without celebrating at least one birthday....
....since it's June, we got to celebrate 4.
And since we celebrated on my actual birthday, I got to blow out the candles.  But I let Levi help.



Grandma got you this Doc McStuffins radio from a cousin of ours whose son had outgrown it.  You recently started watching Doc McStuffins and it's currently your #1 TV show so this was a huge hit.  It goes with you everywhere.

The funniest part to me is that the piece you are holding is supposed to be a microphone, but it's broken.  But it looks like the tool the doctor uses to look in your ears, so you hold it to your ear any time you are using the radio, even though it doesn't do anything.



You wanted to jump rope, but that's a little advanced for you, so you were making people hold the rope and basically flip it around you, then you would run around in a circle and come back to do it again.
My old Big Wheels.  It was a little hard for you on your own, but Grandpa tied a rope around the steering wheel and pulled you around the yard.



I think you and Levi are better with this Slinky than I ever was.  This was the very first thing I remember buying with my own money.
White squirrel statue!
And a trip to the Little Free Library with Grandma Tami.

Helping Grandpa water the plants.




We got to see my Indianapolis friends Clara and Amy and their sons at the Terre Haute Children's Museum.  We love museums!
I should just ask Clara for her version of this photo but her bandaged finger kind of cracks me up so I love this one anyway.

Out of order....
Back to the museum.  You were excited to get to dress like a "man."  You still refer to construction workers as mans.


Logan, Caden, Connor, Kinley!
This reminds me of Edie, your pseudo-sister.
First time playing Candy Land.
Visit with your Great Aunt Winnie.

Visit with Cullen and his new brother Brandt!
You wanted to read to Brandt while he slept.

Seriously, like the cutest thing ever!

Hugs!

More radio time.


One last visit with the squirrel.


Sitting in park was as much action as we allowed you on the go-cart, but worth a picture anyway.



Love this picture, despite the blue chair in the way.




So much happiness when I look at these pictures.  My heart is full.

No comments:

Post a Comment