Wednesday, September 14, 2016

First Day of School

Today was your first day of your second year of preschool.  Drop off was a breeze.  You sent me off with a kiss and a hug and an enthusiastic, "Bye Mom!"

We decided to keep you in Miss Sunshine's class this year, where you will be among the older students, whereas last year you were significantly younger than any of the other kids in your class.  I'm really excited for the change in role and think it will be a big confidence booster for you.  You met most of the other kids in your class over the summer and I was greeted at the parents' back to school meeting with several enthusiastic, "Oh you're Kinley's mom!"s, which leaves me excited and optimistic about the new friendships you will develop.

I remain slightly hesitant about almost all of your friends from last year moving up and you feeling left behind, but I'm hopeful that it won't be an issue.  Max's mom told me today that he wished he could stay in Miss Sunshine's class so he could be with Kinley.  Sweetest thing ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment