Working on your Valentines.
We bought plants at Lowe's for our garden and landscaping. I'm not much of a green thumb but I'm really determined to learn and grow a garden. You picked out what you wanted to grow and helped me plant everything. You sat by one of the plants and told me you wanted to watch it grow. So a couple of days later we made growth charts and put them near all the different types of plants to we could watch their progress.
This tomato plant is already taller than its stake now.
There is a glare but I loved seeing this on the bulletin board in your first few days of school.
On library days at school you usually want to show me what book you chose before we can leave the parking lot.
We went for mommy-daughter haircuts.
"It's like summer out here!"
We have a good 25-30 minute drive to and from school each day. Most days the duration of the ride is filled with "what if" questions. (Though it really sounds kind of like "whiff" when you say it.)
The most popular topic lately has been about bears. "Could a bear bite through the car?" "What if a bear did bite through the car?" "Then what would we do?" We have this conversation at least 3 times per week.
Hoping to meet some other families from your class, we participated in the Color Run at your school. We saw exactly zero kids from your class and met no one, but you had a blast anyway. We took a lot of shortcuts and did a lot of walking, but we all crossed the finish line. Your first 5k. I was so proud.
This was the best action shot I captured. You loved throwing the powder.
Look how gorgeous the view is from your school campus.
Family hike.
Valentine's Day breakfast. Heart pancakes!
You sometimes declare "Uno" when you get to the last piece of food on your plate.
Courtesy of our neighbors whose daughter had outgrown this. The day they brought it over you were thrilled and drove all over the front yard in excitement. The next day we brought it to the backyard, you promptly ran into the house, and we haven't been able to get you on it since. I assume it will come in time but we're a little baffled by your sudden change of heart.
At dinner one evening....
Daddy: "What are you doing?!?"
Kinley: "I don't like what you are saying so I am throwing my food because I'm mad."You have become official toilet paper refill girl. You and I are both thrilled for a job you can do on your own.
"When I think of the name Jessie it always makes my heart feel good."
I didn't even know it was possible to yawn 4 times in the process of declaring oneself not tired.
The day we went to the tram we ended up walking much farther than we intended and completely exhausted you. You fell right asleep on the way home, skipped dinner, and went to bed at 6 p.m. That night you developed a fever, which turned into a nasty cold, and eventually even a rash from a reaction to medicine. We hate seeing you feel so poorly.
Helping with the dishes.
Shaving cream art project.
Bubbling fairy potions.
(baking soda, dish soap, food coloring, glitter, and vinegar)
We did manage to get out of the house one day and visit The Living Desert. Despite your cold, we had a lot of fun.
You love to play sleepover after reading Little Critter Sleeps Over from the library.
Making a leprechaun.
Picture from your teacher the day your class made a beach on the playground.
Daddy: "You need to have a bath, you have throw up in your hair."
Kinley: "It's called vomit."








































No comments:
Post a Comment