Sunday, December 31, 2017

Los Angeles Trip

You and I just got back from a great little trip to see friends in LA.  Well, we visited pretty much everywhere BUT Los Angeles, but you get the idea.

First stop:  the beach!  As soon as we got into town we headed straight for the Annenberg in Santa Monica.  We didn't have a lot of time here but we enjoyed ourselves anyway and Kelly's family even came to see us here, just to get in a little extra time to visit.  And we got to meet Baby Shane a day early!





This hat fell in the toilet as we were leaving the beach.  I was just thankful you didn't freak out like the time Daddy's sunglasses fell in a toilet.  It's been a good run, hat.

Next stop:  Dojo Boom in Thousand Oaks.  Here we got to meet up with your old school pals from Under the Oaks:  Alessandra, Lucie, and Beatrix.





After that the whole gang headed to Beatrix's house nearby to continue the play date.
Coolest swing ever?
Finally we headed to Alessandra's house in Westlake Village for a sleepover!  What do kids do when they're not really old enough to have ever had a sleepover?  They go through their suitcase, of course!

You and I slept in the spare room together so as soon as you woke up in the morning you were ready to go hunt down Alessandra.  She's a later sleeper though so you spent the next hour and a half waiting on her.  I coaxed you downstairs to play so we wouldn't wake them, but as soon as you heard a bedroom door open you rushed to the bottom of the stairs to see her.  "Tinley!" she shouted.  You were both so excited to wake up in the same house together.



You were both very sad when we had to leave, but we were on a tight schedule if we were going to see all the people we came to visit.

Next stop:  Kelly's house.  Santa Monica.

Kelly got a putting green from our old neighbor "Uncle" Matt.  The pictures below outline how this interaction went:

You pick up the putter and take a moment to figure out how to hold it.  You shift it a little and eventually get the grip right and are ready to hit the ball.
Kelly walks over, "no let me show you how to hold it."  Grabs the putter from you and demonstrates this bold strategy you see below.  Note the grip, stance, and the hit-the-ball-away-from-your-body technique.
He loses interest so you take it back and do it your own way anyway.  It was all very hilarious and sweet and adorable.
Baby Shane.  It was so great to get in some baby snuggles.
Last stop:  Charlotte's house in Pacific Palisades for another sleepover.
Today is Charlotte's 5th birthday and we were so lucky to get to celebrate with her.
Checking out her new Shopkins.


Breakfast bunch!

I mentioned to Christine that you wanted to play in the waves again before we left and since they are so awesome the whole family packed up and came with us first thing in the morning.  It was freezing but you wanted to play in waves so I didn't stop you.

I may have gone a little overboard on the photos here but the ocean is my happy place so I'm not apologizing.






Christine and Jack.
Ross was a sport and handled watching you both so I could hang out with Christine.  This also seems like an appropriate time to give him huge kudos for playing Moana with you girls.  He was singing the crab's song and chasing you both around their house with claw hands and it was seriously like the best thing you could have asked for.

I adore this picture with the kite.  Teamwork!

Birthday cupcakes at the beach!  It doesn't get any better than this!
After this it was time for us to head home and see Daddy.  You had a bit of a meltdown in the bathroom at the beach, but honestly it's expected.  All I can say is, "it's better to have to say goodbye than to not see our friends at all."

Until next time, LA.  It's been fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment