A new year is upon us! We started out our year with a play date at Freedom Park with Micah and Chai and you got to try out their scooters. You were a little hesitant, but after a little practice, you were having a lot of fun.
You and Daddy were discussing nicknames recently and you wanted a nickname for yourself. The two of you settled on Tuesday Tiny, or Tweeters for short.
When trying to choose a name for me, your first choice was Panda Express, but Dad voted for Captain Homeroom and that seems to have been what stuck.
I'm not sure why but you've been really concerned about mosquitoes lately. One evening I asked Dad to take out the trash and you were worried that he shouldn't go outside because of mosquitoes.
An even greater concern for you for awhile now is fires. One day I even brought you to my window and taught you how to open it on your own in case you needed to escape out a window. You didn't think you would be able to do it but I made you try and you did it all on your own.
Next you were worried about the dresser in front of the window in your bedroom. I told you that you could climb on top of it or move it out of the way. Again you didn't think you could move it so I stood back and said, "push." And it totally moved!
You still worry a lot, but I do think these things have helped.
New ballet leotard.
Cutest witch I know.
Quick visit to the La Quinta museum.
Cash's 5th birthday party at Get Air trampoline park.
Despite your continuous complaints, Daddy and I decided to start this year off with weekly family hikes. Here we are at the Coachella Valley Preserve.
We counted out the money from your piggy bank and you used it to buy a new outfit for your dolls.
Though to be honest it just doesn't seem right for me to use that money so after we "spent" it, I have been slowly adding a few coins at a time back to your bank again.
Popcorn!
Helping Whitney stay safe on our way to the parking lot after school.
I had an extra special weekend this month when my lifelong friend Amanda came to visit us. This was her first trip to California so we tried our best to give her a good mix of things to do. You and I took her to the tram to play in the snow, I took her to Joshua Tree to hike, and we finished up the weekend in Old Town La Quinta. It was so great to have her here.
You and I had a great day at the zoo with Charles and Whitney on MLK Jr. day.
We finally got you in to see a GI specialist through Loma Linda Children's Hospital for your tummy. She ran some blood tests and but so far we haven't exactly gotten anywhere. We haven't given up yet though. Here we are at lunch after having your blood drawn. Brave girl you are.
Another Saturday morning hike.
Micah's 4th birthday party at My Gym.
After my busy weekend with Amanda I promised you a day for you and me to do whatever you choose. You got to pick out what to eat and what to do all day, and that included a trip to the children's museum.
Daddy signed you up for softball! You got to go pick out your own glove and have been playing catch with Daddy in the yard. And he's going to be your team's Coach! Go White Sox!
Working on Valentines for your class.
Grandma and Grandpa came!!!
One day you wanted to write Daddy's name and he told you it started with a J and you asked, "is it an upside down candy cane with a line on top?" Sure is.
My new year's resolution this year was to make more time for myself. As a part of that, I have started meeting with a couple of Mom's club friends to hike on Wednesday mornings and it's been really great. I am hopeful that we will keep it up!
Finally, you eat seaweed snacks like Cookie Monster eats cookies. A little bit goes everywhere.





































No comments:
Post a Comment