Friday, February 23, 2018

February 2018 - Grandma & Grandpa

We were so lucky to have Grandma Norma and Grandpa Mike here for the past 4 weeks!  There will be more photos with them in my regular monthly post, but there were a few fun things that I wanted to highlight in a separate post here.

You asked one day if Grandma, you, and I could have a girls' day.  I found out about a fun new place in Palm Desert called Amanda's Tea Room and thought that was the perfect thing for us girls to do.  It was so much fun and such a great place!








A few weeks before their arrival, you asked me if Grandpa would help you build a bench, "big enough for me and two of my dolls."  I knew he would be happy to oblige and the two of you made it a fun project.  You got to give him your specifications, then go buy materials, choose paint, and help with every step along the way.  This reminded me of my own childhood and going out to help him in the garage with whatever project he may have been working on.











Daddy and I have been trying to fit in a lot more hiking lately so we thought there was no better way to let Grandma and Grandpa see some of the beautiful scenery than to bring them along.  We took them to trails in Joshua Tree, La Quinta cove, and Palm Desert.

Your swearing in as an official Joshua Tree National Park Junior Park Ranger.  The oath included something in it about listening to your parents and cleaning your room....









No comments:

Post a Comment