Proof that Amanda was actually here last month.

Grandma and Grandpa assembling our new patio furniture for us!
The water is still so cold but we really wanted to test it out so you and Grandpa started with just a foot soak.
Inaugural swim: February 4. It was so COLD! We didn't stay in long, but we were determined to get in this one time.
I found some Moms Club friends to start weekly hikes with and it's been really fun! I'm really proud of us for motivating each other!
You, Charlotte Gray, and Ms. Thanthirege by the garden at school. I love this shot from Charlotte's mom.
Charlotte Allen's birthday party (she's the one on the far right).
With visitors in the house for such a long time I could tell you were missing out on a little one on one time so I promised to take you out to breakfast one weekend, just you and me. We had oatmeal at Panera and then went and bought flowers for Valentine's Day.
Lots of time to play games with Grandma and Grandpa here.
You've been doing such a great job in school. You've been wanting to practice your writing more and more. You will tell me what you want to say and I write it on a piece of paper and then you use that as a guide to write it yourself.
You've also been starting to sound out the letters when you see words on signs, etc. You're going to be reading before long.
New leotard!
I went to the PVS gala fundraiser with another school Mom as my date. Prior to the event, they had a photographer come to the school to take photos of all the kids whose parents were attending so we could buy them at the event. I have to admit when I first saw it I didn't like this picture, but once I framed it and hung it up I seem to like it more and more each time I look at it. Very dramatic.
Since Grandma was going home on her birthday, we baked cupcakes the weekend before so we could celebrate with her. And since your birthday is coming up, she wanted to share the celebration with you as well.
You even got to open a couple of gifts from them early.
People keep telling us to go see the flamingos at the JW Marriott so we finally made it over there and had a really great time.
We also found out that they have a free mini golf course so we played a round! This was your first time ever playing.
Moms Club ceramics painting at Old Town Artisan Studio. You chose to paint a genie bottle (it's a candlestick) because you thought it looked like Leah's from Shimmer and Shine.
Zoo day!
The morning we had to take Grandma and Grandpa to the airport we had to leave home around 6:00 so I had to wake you a little early. I walked in your room and you told me you were still so tired and asked why you had to get up. I explained that Daddy was in LA and I had to drive them to the airport and you had to come along because there was no one else to stay home with you. To which you replied, "I understand....but I'm still very tired." It just seemed like such a grown up thing to say.
To make it up to you and to provide some comfort in case you might be feeling sad that they were leaving, I promised to take you out to breakfast and we later went to Charles' house for a play date. You did pretty well all day. You admitted to feeling a little sad but never shed a tear.
Charles' little sister Whitney is now old enough to go to school. You adore Whitney and now you insist on going to the Toddler's gate every single day after school so you can say Hi to her. She squeals with delight and comes running when she sees you. And now all the other kids in her class recognize us and come to say Hi as well.
Practicing your writing, you made a card for Ms. Thanthirege's birthday.
School fundraiser night at The Habit and we bumped into Charlotte Gray and Yas!
This month we started your very first softball league and Daddy is your coach! You're both doing great and the whole team seems to be having a lot of fun. You got hit in the face with the ball during your second week of practice, but with a little coaxing we've helped you to *mostly* get over that minor setback.
My trunk has turned into softball equipment storage. One day when I was stuffing in a tutu next to the t-ball stand, it struck me as ironic. And for the first time I truly felt like a real team mom.










































No comments:
Post a Comment