Celebrating Daddy's 35th birthday at Babe's.
And gifts when we got home.
A week or two before his birthday I bought you a small package of Oreos and he asked you to share one. He wouldn't have taken it from you anyway but just wanted to see what you would say. But you said no, and have been feeling badly about it ever since. So you made him this card that says, "Sorry I didn't share my Oreo" and asked me to buy him his own package of Oreos from you for his birthday.
Rice Krispie treat cake.
Zip line at My Gym for Jefferson's birthday party.
Girlie giggles with Yas and Charlotte.
Feeling thankful that I have found a solid network of Mom friends at Palm Valley School and that they sometimes get me spruced up and out of the house to do adult things. Maybe a champagne-tasting party is not exactly my style, but I had a great time and am so glad to have these ladies (and their kiddos) in my life.
Spring Sing at school.
This picture really emphasizes the size difference between you and Yas. She's only 3.5 months younger.
Flapjacks for Families with Reagan & Emmy.
Working on Daddy's birthday card.
Your drawing has improved so much recently and you have been loving to make pictures for everyone. Here is one from Grandma Norma's Mother's Day card.
Making cookies for Teacher Appreciation Week. It really has been such a busy time at school recently.
I told you this looked like a cookie that Uncle Matt would love.
More adorable artwork.
Girl time waiting on dance class to start.
Self portrait.
Homemade coconut shell sailboat for Moana. I'm really proud of this.
Mother's Day brunch at The Living Desert.
We got to eat right next to the leopard enclosure.
And we bumped into Charlotte on our way out!
You told me one day, "When I grow up I'm going to do everything I can to save the planet." I love this about you so we've been having lots of conversations about things that we can do even now to help the environment. You've asked to read more books on the topic and we've talked at length about global warming, recycling, turning off lights, conserving water, electric cars, and on and on. If you want to be a little tree hugger I support that in full.
Mini tea party.
Not only sorbet, but sorbet with a waffle cone AND color changing spoon!
Doll costumes.
At the children's museum one day we saw a little girl wearing an eye patch. I saw you looking at her and contemplating it, but you didn't say anything and didn't stare. Later that day when we were home, I told you that I was really proud of you for not saying anything and that if you had any questions we could talk about it.
About a week later after an event with a lot of kids you didn't know, you told me, "There was a girl with kind of an ugly face and I didn't say anything." I know it was well intentioned.
I have some very exciting news! You have been sleeping diaper-free for several weeks now with ZERO accidents. You were very nervous at first but you've been doing great and you even wake me up to go to the potty during the night when you need to go. Hooray!






























No comments:
Post a Comment