Also, let's be clear, I got all my tears out last year. Pre-K was the first time you went to school full-time 5 days a week and that's what really got me. Now I just feel like this is the next step and there are only good things to come.
This is the first year that you were able to really make your own first day of school sign all on your own. I have always had you decorate it but this time I wrote out the words on a post-it and you used that as a guide to make it all on your own.
Also, newsflash: apparently your favorite color is now yellow? I support the decision, however, I don't see it lasting.
The night before school, sprinkling your bed with Jitter Glitter sent from your cousins to calm any nerves.
Okay kiddo, here we go!
Yes, I made you stand looking at the sun so I could get the building in the background with the Lower School sign in view. Yes, you put your hand over the eyes, in essence nullifying the cute picture I was trying to take. Yes, my shadow on the sidewalk would have ruined it anyway. Oh well, it was some good effort.
You had a great first day! You seemed exhausted when I picked you up, but I gave you some quiet time in the car and before long you started bubbling up with all the things you wanted to tell me about the day. Perhaps more than you have ever told me about school, ever.
Your teacher, Mrs. Marron seems wonderful. You have some old friends in your class and some new friends too. You loved art class and P.E. and are proud that you are allowed to visit the restroom all on your own.
I surprised you with a tea party all set up for us when you got home from school. You were starving and tired, but still thrilled for a tea party.
And here is your 1st day of school interview:











No comments:
Post a Comment