Thursday, August 23, 2018

Disneyland!

We just got back from a super fun trip to Disneyland where we got to spend the day with your friend Charlotte and celebrate the upcoming start of Kindergarten for both of you!

It was a long 3 hour drive but you were a trooper and when we arrived and parked we were both ready to go.
You told me before we left that you would like to meet Daisy.  Sure enough, as soon as we walked into the park you spotted her right away.  She was just making her first appearance so you were one of the first people to see her and she took your hand and you walked around the square together to a good spot for pictures.





First stop:  Pixie Hollow.

Tinkerbell hadn't arrived yet but we were just as excited to meet Fawn, an animal talent fairy.
Checking out Tinkerbell's collection of lost things.

Next we spotted Mary Poppins and Bert hanging around outside Pixie Hollow.

On to the Mad Hatter's Tea Party.

Next we were off to the Royal Hall to meet the princesses!
Rapunzel and Flynn Rider.
Snow White.

Aurora.

Cinderella.

After the princesses we were all hungry so we took a break for lunch and then were off to the Dumbo ride.  I got to spend a lot of the day with you and Charlotte so that Christine could hang out with Jack while he napped and take him to do some of the things that he wanted to do when he wasn't interested in the things you girls wanted to do.  I was thrilled that we got the extra time with Charlotte!
I intended to remove your hat when we got on the ride, but I forgot and sure enough, it flew off and fell into the water so you were in full tears by the time we got off.  I made you sit in the stationary Dumbo for a picture anyway, but as you can see, you weren't thrilled.
Once I convinced you we could go buy a new hat you at least stopped crying and sat with Charlotte for a picture in the teacup.
Oh look, new hat!  Next up:  It's a Small World.
It was a long, HOT wait, so when we were done we hijacked Jack's stroller and took off to find a spot for the Pixar Parade.  And we picked up some frozen treats along the way.

I adore this photo, just you girls hanging out being silly.



While we were resting we saw The Queen wander by so we went off to meet her.  When we met Snow White earlier in the day she was telling us that she thought The Queen wasn't really all that wicked but that she thought she makes pies from bad apples.  We relayed all of this conversation to The Queen, which she found very interesting.  She was cracking me up, but I think you and Charlotte were a little scared of her.
I'm not sure you were 100% confident that you wanted a picture with her.
Fairy Godmother.
Almost parade time.

I'll spare you all the pictures from the parade and just give you this one of Buzz Lightyear.  Since it was the Pixar Parade, the Toy Story floats were the finale.
Next we were ready for a couple of quick rides on the carousel.  Since we were seated at the beginning of the parade we were able to jump in a few quick lines before everything got busy again.


And of course, we had to meet Mickey.

At this point, Christine decided it was time for them to buy their souvenirs and head to the hotel.  They had arrived earlier than us in the morning and I knew there were a couple of things you still wanted to do so we said our goodbyes and you and I stayed awhile longer.
You have been so in love with all things Winnie the Pooh this summer so I knew we were going to want to check out the Pooh ride.  I love the beehive cars.

We rode twice, then were checking out some of the Hundred Acre Wood scenery.


You really wanted to meet Minnie, but by the time we finished at Mickey's house, she was gone for the day.  I asked a worker if she would be back and they told me no, but that she would be in the main square for most of the evening.  So we agreed to track her down on our way out of the park.

That was our last stop for the day.  We were pleasantly exhausted and headed back to the hotel.  We never even ate dinner, we just raided our snacks when we got to our room, showered, talked to Daddy, and went to bed.

The next morning we got to have breakfast with Charlotte's family and spend a few hours just hanging out in the hotel room until they were ready to head home.  At that point, you and I went on to Downtown Disney so you could pick out a souvenir and to get some lunch before the drive home.
You carefully inspected all your options and finally settled on Aurora and Elena.  Then we had some lunch and were back on the road.
I am not willing to spend the money to buy them, but here are two pictures from Disney PhotoPass that I really liked.  Mostly just because of your sweet smile.

All in all, a fantastic trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment