Sunday, September 30, 2018

Future Event Planner?

You have spent all week planning a birthday party for your pretend little sister Noah.  According to you, Noah's 4th birthday is this Friday, October 5, but we needed to celebrate today instead.

You are so sweet and put so much time and energy into this.  We sat down early in the week and I wrote down everything you wanted for the party.  You did most of it yourself, aside from some of the food.  Yesterday we went to the grocery store to buy the last things we needed and you spent most of yesterday and this morning getting things ready.

I adore this about you.  I love the planning and your creativity.  I wanted to just give you the freedom and see where it took you and you did an amazing job.  I'm so proud of you.

These are the invitations, in their handmade envelopes.  You did your best at spelling.  Here's what the red one is supposed to say:

Big Bunny
Carrie Lane
America
Prepping food.
Signs to let guests know where the bathroom is.
Table is set.  You served PB&J, berries, and carrots with hummus.
You declared this was your party dress and I let you pick out a dress for me too.
You set the party time for 11:30.  Just before then, Daddy went out his office door and came to the front door and rang the doorbell.  You were shocked.  You normally aren't supposed to open the door on your own but I told you it was okay.  You were so excited.


All the guests brought gifts, which you prepped from items you already own.  I made gifts from Daddy and me, including some homemade fall scented play dough that I knew you would like.
Here are all of Noah's guests, with their invitations.
And you peeking over the back of the couch.
First activity:  face painting.



Cloud.
I wouldn't let you put face paint on the soft animals so instead you drew their faces on paper before the party and then drew pictures on those cheeks instead.
After face painting we ate, and next was time for a craft project.  You gathered all the guests and explained what they needed to do, then helped them one by one to make their crafts.

Next was time for pie and ice cream.

Everyone dressed up for pictures in the Winnie the Pooh photo booth.






And finally, you helped Noah open her gifts.
Great job, kiddo.  You planned a great party.

No comments:

Post a Comment