Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Halloween 2018

Happy Halloween!
Pumpkin carving day was also the day you learned a lesson about drawing all over yourself with marker.  It came just before the day you (and the wall) learned a lesson about spinning too much.

At your request, Halloween decorations.
Piglet and Pooh!
Lots of fun things at school on Halloween.
First, the whole school gathers in the gym before a mini parade across campus.  This is your Big Buddy.  You can't ever remember her name or what grade she's in so I have no information about her except that I like her pineapple costume.


After the parade, your class got to trick or treat at the high school classrooms (maybe Middle School and/or administration as well, I'm not really sure).

Then after lunch was time for the class party.  Here's Mrs. VanVliet using her garden gnome hat and beard as a blindfold for pin the nose on the jack-o-lantern.

Supergirl Reagan, Witch Sophie, and Werewolf Penelope.
Spider craft with Batman Logan.  I did all the prep work and set up for the party then put all the other parents to work so that I could take lots of pictures.

Festive snacks.



And finally, a quick Disney Halloween video to close out the day.
Meanwhile, Daddy and I had costumes too.




And since I had my camera out, you wanted to get some pictures of your own.  You even gave us directions on how to pose.



We had lots of fun trick-or-treating in the neighborhood and then came home to pass out candy.  I was willing to let you stay up a little late that night, but as of 30 minutes past bedtime we had gotten exactly zero trick-or-treaters.  When I asked you to get in your PJs you had a complete meltdown.
As a consolation, Daddy and I each took a turn going outside and ringing the doorbell so that you could at least answer the door for us.
As soon as you were in bed the doorbell rang.  I wanted to get you up but you were a bumbling, hysterical mess at this point.  When we finally got you back in bed you declared this the worst Halloween ever.  *insert eye roll*


No comments:

Post a Comment