Today we celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary. You are on spring break anyway so Daddy and I both took 2 days off work so we could have a nice long weekend. We originally thought we might take a weekend getaway, but after all of us traveled last weekend we decided to just stay local and relax instead.
We spent today at the Cabazon outlet mall. You cracked me up when I was looking at running clothes at the Nike store and you found some shorts you wanted me to get. You shuffled through the rack and pulled one out and handed it to me. I started to tell you that we would have to find the right size first when you told me, "here this one's an 8," which is totally the right size.
After that you were picking a shirt, looking for an 8, and I told you I would
need an M. Once we had established all my size needs, you started pulling out an 8 or M in everything you saw.
Later I asked how you knew that I wear an 8, to which you replied, "You look like an 8." Of course, it's that simple.
You scoped out the Disney store first thing and quickly convinced Daddy to let you pick out a new doll. It was a tough decision but you finally settled on a Cinderella.
A couple of years ago you took a great picture of Daddy and me on our anniversary so you asked if you could take our pictures again. When we got home from shopping, you started picking out all kinds of accessories to dress us up and then took us in the yard and instructed us on where to stand and how to pose. Take note of the heels, tie, pearls, hats, and sunglasses. These were all your idea.
We all went for a swim and then headed out for a sushi dinner....
....where you read the menu to Cinderella.
We have been looking for a good movie to take you to since we haven't been in awhile, so the next day we all went to see the Disney Nature Penguins movie. It is sort of a cross between documentary and fiction (real footage, but they tell a story to keep it entertaining). You absolutely loved it. You immediately lamented that you hadn't chosen the Steve toy at the Disney store instead of Cinderella so I suggested that we could make you a Steve instead.
Fortunately I still had the fleece penguins from your Christmas sweater on hand so it was a breeze to stuff them and sew them and we had a lovely Steve and Adeline. We also made a couple of chicks to be their children, which you stuffed into your leftover Easter eggs and reenacted the whole movie over and over, even stacking a pile of rocks to build them a nest.
The rest of the weekend was fairly uneventful. I declared I was not going to cook so there was a lot of eating out, swimming, and just relaxing, but that's the way we like it.







No comments:
Post a Comment