Sunday, September 1, 2019

Labor Day Weekend in Long Beach

We made a last-minute decision to take a short weekend trip for Labor Day and headed off yesterday morning to Long Beach.  You have been really interested in sea life lately so we wanted to visit the Aquarium of the Pacific.  It was a busy day there but you loved it and I'm really glad we went.

You had been showing me all the different types of jellyfish in your sea life book that morning so it was a special treat that they had all kinds of different jellyfish to see.
Penguins!
More jellyfish.

Coral.  You said this was your favorite exhibit.


We liked the orange and pink fish in this tank.
We were really excited about the Leafy Sea Dragon.  You have been talking about these for weeks since you read about them in your book.
After the aquarium we headed to the Queen Mary where we were staying for the night.  I am still struggling quite a bit from the effects of my surgery and trying to figure out the correct dosage for my medication, so at this point I was exhausted.  You and Daddy explored the ship in full while I rested.
In the morning you quietly told Daddy, "I don't think Mom is liking this ship very much....but I  am!"  We grabbed a quick breakfast and walked around the ship a little more before heading home.  It was a quick trip, but worthwhile.  Despite not feeling the best, I am still glad for the time to get away as a family.




No comments:

Post a Comment