Monday, September 30, 2019

September 2019

School pictures!  When you got your haircut before school started I took you to the stylist who does my hair and you liked her so much you talked about her for days.  You loved how she made your hair curl under at the ends, so for picture day it was a special treat that I curled your hair under for you.
 We haven't had a lot of chances to play with Shea lately, but we did make it to her birthday party!
 Tether ball with Sophia H.
 You and Radmira.  I'm loving her bunny ears.
 Often when I pick you up from school you have something or other that you are excited to tell me about.  One day you couldn't wait to tell me that you were going to get to meet with your buddies the next day and that they were going to be freshmen, which are the same students as you had last year, when they were in 8th grade.

I asked if you would like to have the same buddy again or if you would prefer to have a new one.
you:  "The same one because I already know her name."
me:  "What is her name?"
you:  "I don't remember."
 You recently discovered that you can use your stool and boost yourself up onto the kitchen counter.  I think you expected me to tell you no, but I remember doing the same thing my entire childhood so I pretty much allow it as long as you're not in the way or too close to the stove.  As you can see, you are pretty excited about this.
 Trying to lasso your loose tooth with dental floss.
 I spy a butterfly....


 We found all the giraffes' birthdays in the outdoor classroom at the zoo and discovered that the newest baby Vicky Lou was born just 4 days after your birthday.  We also spotted the details for Twiga, the giraffe you were feeding.

 While settling in on the couch next to Daddy to watch The Lion King:  "I'm just going to lean my head on your shoulder until Mom gets here, I usually lean on hers."
 Reading with CatiCat.  You can be found reading pretty much anytime these days.  I am loving it.  We started leaving a stash of books in my car and you now read all the way to and from school every day.  I kind of miss that you don't talk to me in the car anymore, but I am so proud of your reading that I am okay with that.
 That tooth finally came out!  Actually the one next two it came out a week later and now Daddy has been singing "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth," but you don't seem to think it's very funny.
 Bad Job Z+
 Surprise gift from Sharron!
 You have been asking to try piano lessons, so I finally got serious about it and you just had your first lesson.  You loved it.  We bought a keyboard for practice and have now heard Twinkle Twinkle Little Star about 4,000 times.  Here you are teaching Dad about what you learned.
You have been making regular use of the word "phew," more than I've ever heard anyone use it.  Which I find both funny and adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment