Tuesday, December 31, 2019

December 2019

At school you were learning about what features make trees able to stand up in the wind and you built your own wind-proof umbrella.  The day you brought it home I heard the fan on and it made me smile when I saw that you were testing it out.  It totally worked.  It has since become a sunbrella for the Barbies.
Hot dogs and Smores on the grill.
Teaching Daddy how to read music on your white board.
Winter Sing.  Back row, 3rd from the left.

WildLights at The Living Desert.
You wanted to be in charge of the map and activities.

Polar Express "train" ride.
Best Christmas list ever.  I want magic, too.


Cookie baking.
We decided to pass on frosting and go with a white chocolate drizzle this year.  They were yummy!
You wanted a long number line for your homework so this is what we came up with.
Ugly sweater day.  I asked if you wanted to buy a sweater this year but you said you like it when we make it so we went with a snowman.
I was on hot chocolate duty and didn't actually get to watch the parade this year but I found you afterwards.
Wacky day.

Pajama day and class party.

Out of control cookie decorating.
Official start of winter break!
Looking at lights in the neighborhood.
Humphrey hamster!
You have been trying your hand at coming up with original jokes lately but punchlines are kind of a hard thing to teach to a child.  However, I thought this one was actually really good:

Why does the banana like gymnastics?
Because it loves doing the splits.
All dressed up for Christmas Eve Mommy Daughter lunch at Amanda's Tea Room.




I have been wanting to paint the fireplace area but was waiting until we were done with the stockings so on December 26 I headed to Lowe's first thing and got started painting right away.

Mario Party!
We got our own real tea set for Christmas so we can have full-size tea parties now.
I'm really proud of this Barbie dress.
Barbie wedding.
You got several new book series for Christmas, including The Magic Faraway Tree, which we are loving.  We built this version of the faraway tree at the children's museum.  Each layer represents a character or feature from the book.
We made 3 visits to the library during your 2 week school break.  The stack of books on the right are what we checked out on a Tuesday.  We had to go back for more on Friday.
Dot croquet.
New Year's Eve.  We bought a little set of party hats, horns, confetti, etc.  You were really excited about these little confetti poppers, but clearly afraid to actually do it.  This video was your 3rd try.  But you finally did it.
You were asking for more Club crackers but accidentally called them golf crackers instead.  I like the new name.
Our New Year's celebration consisted of a family dance party, karaoke, and Chinese checkers.  You even stayed up until 9:15!


Fireplace painting complete.  We also got new rugs, curtains, and I made new throw pillows.  I am happy with the result.


No comments:

Post a Comment