Wednesday, September 30, 2020

September 2020

Labor Day Family Day!  Phase 10,

Movie,
Smores,
Reading,
and video games.

Ready for Zoom ballet.  I really tried so hard to keep this up from home, but you hate dancing on Zoom.  I finally sat down with you and we made a Pros and Cons list and we settled on taking a break for now but that you should give it another try when we're comfortable with you going in person.

At one point it had gotten so bad that you declared that every day of the week was your favorite as long as it wasn't Tuesday....ballet day.

One day I had all the kitchen chairs lined up while I was cleaning the kitchen floor.  I asked if you wanted to try climbing through the tunnel under them.

And then you challenged me to do it!  A little more work for me, but I made it!
Friday afternoon movie.  You always insist that you get to hold the popcorn.
New matching PJs.
I accidentally knocked your mug off the counter when I was unloading the dishwasher and you were devastated.  So I tried to make it up to you with a color changing Harry Potter mug.  This seems to have satisfied you.
Here is your star registration that you won in the Rancho Mirage Library summer reading program.  You named it Starlight.⭐

You are quite the little email and photo master.  I taught you how to edit photos and then you started doing all kinds of fancy color effects and text on your photos.

 For days you worked so hard to get the perfect video of your mug changing from black to white as it heated up.

Meeting with Mrs. Schnure.  You are now officially the only student in your class learning from home.  It kind of breaks my heart but you are a great sport and it doesn't seem to bother you too much.  The fun part, though, is that you get to meet with your teacher 1-on-1 every day after school.  And really, what could be better than getting your teacher's 100% attention every single day?

You are a self-proclaimed math-hater and Mrs. Schnure is determined to change that.  She has suggested that we play an addition game using playing cards.  It took some persuasion to get you on board, but once we started it you were really enjoying yourself (perhaps because you were winning, but that's okay).  You decided to name the game Molly Math Sums.

You have also told me that I should do Sudoku or play card games after you go to bed because it is good for my math skills.

We set up our own little reading bench in the yard.  Best use of your old crib!  We love it, we just can't wait for the weather to cool off so that we can use it more.  For now, we're kind of limited to early mornings on weekends.  Hopefully we'll be spending more time there soon!

Tea party!  I have probably mentioned before how you now drink a cup of lavender tea every night before bed.  You look forward to it and I usually sit with you or have a cup myself and just relax.

The tea that we usually drink has little inspirational quotes on the tag, but one day I had discarded the tea bags before you got the chance to read them.  So I suggested we come up with our own quotes.

Kinley:  "Michael recycles for Earth and for peace."  (I'm not sure if this is about Grandpa or a theoretical Michael.)

Me:  "Let your smile bloom like a flower and the world will be a brighter place."

Sharing your poster with your class.
The day you got to be the leader for morning meeting.
The days are getting shorter and it's often still dark when we get up in the morning so one Saturday I suggested we go outside to watch the sunrise.


There it is!
Welcoming in fall with an apple pie.

So yummy!
Mrs. Schnure knows that you have been reading The Chronicles of Narnia and wanted to have you do some extra activities to go along with that.  You have some worksheets to fill out, but the most fun activity was building your own wardrobe.  I was so excited for you and you had so much fun planning and creating your vision.



When you were all done Mrs. Schnure asked you to share it with your class and it was so sweet how excited they all were about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment