Saturday, October 31, 2020

Halloween with Ginny Weasley

Halloween during a pandemic presents some new challenges, but I was determined to make it a fun day anyway.  Dad was in Washington so it was just you and me and I did my best to make it memorable.  You dressed as Ginny Weasley and I was Professor McGonagall.

Since traditional trick-or-treating was out, I told you that you could trick-or-treat at all the doors in our own house instead.  Originally I thought Dad would be here to help, but since it was all up to me, I decided to make it into a game to give me time to get from one door to the next.  And what better way to make it a fun game than to turn it into a Harry Potter theme?


First things first though, the Friday before Halloween you got to dress up for school.
Banana ghost snacks.
Oh, there's me!
We started our day with some fun pictures in the yard, just being silly.








Next we did some Halloween crafts.
And carved a pumpkin.




I decided that this year you were going to have to carve your own pumpkin instead of making me do all the work.

And you did a fantastic job!

Brandee had some fun games to play with us that she had done with her class so we made time for a video call with the Tolivers.  Levi wanted to try a drawing game that required us to be blindfolded so I declared we could just throw our robes over our heads.  Brandee later sent me this picture and we just couldn't stop laughing.
Alright, finally trick-or-treat time!  A couple of days in advance, I labeled all the doors and various other areas in the house with Harry Potter themed locations.  When it was time to start, I gave you an orange slip of paper that had one of those locations printed on it.  You had to find that place.  If it was a door, you knocked on the door to trick-or-treat.  I would give you a bag of candy that contained another orange piece of paper with a different location.  If the place was not a door, you had to look around to find the orange slip of paper hidden somewhere nearby.  Those were to buy me time to get to the next door!
This is me waiting on you to show up to The Leaky Cauldron.


Here is the full list of everywhere you had to visit.  You did great and only needed a little help in a couple of spots.
Checking out your haul.  Choosing that first piece is a tough decision!
Finally, we wrapped up by watching a Harry Potter movie and had popcorn and Halloween cupcakes.
All in all a super fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment