It's Christmas!!! We kicked everything off with our usual Christmas Eve lasagna.
You asked if we could sleep downstairs by the tree so you and I camped out on couches.
Of course we were both up way before a reasonable hour. I told you we had to wait until 6:00 to wake Dad so you filled the time reading.
Finally 6:00!
Your gift for me! You worked so hard to make me a surprise and wrap it all yourself. I knew you were working on a surprise but you did a good job not telling me what it was. When it was finished you put it in your trundle bed so I wouldn't find it before you got it wrapped. But when you later went back to check, it wasn't there and you were so distraught. Dad helped you look everywhere in your room and you just couldn't find it. The next morning when you were in the shower Dad found it IN YOUR SOCK!
Finally you were able to wrap it (beautifully) and put it under the tree. And when I opened it this morning I discovered that it was one of your special friendship bracelets, in yellow, my favorite! I love it! And I will always laugh when I remember that it spent a day in your sock.
I knew Dad hadn't had much time to buy any gifts this year so I ordered myself a salad spinner. When it arrived I asked if you wanted to wrap it and put it under the tree and that Dad would probably be really confused. When you asked who it should be from I said you could write whatever you wanted on it so you chose Kinley and gma and gpa.
It's not really Christmas until you have a stockpile of new BOOKS!
Looking stylish in your new outfit.
Ready for another rousing game of Harry Potter Clue.
Steber Family Christmas Zoom!




















No comments:
Post a Comment