Thursday, September 30, 2021

September 2021

 Britz Family Year of the Pie Month 1: Cherry




Egg Salad Chef


The day you discovered Sprinklz ice cream shop. Thanks to the dentist, Dr. Mary Jane.
Exploring Langley on foot. We still didn't see any whales other than this guy.
September Highlights:

Watching Aladdin take Jasmine on the magic carpet ride, flying through the clouds and you ask, "The air is probably getting thin, isn't it?"

At bedtime I always ask what your favorite part of the day was:
"Big adult meal."
"Big adult meal?"
"Yeah, big adult meal."
"Okay, you mean like the salad you had at lunch was a big adult meal?"
"No, BAKED OATMEAL."
"Ohhhhh."

One night I put you to bed around 7:30, as usual, nothing out of the ordinary. When I was ready for bed at 10 pm, I peeked in to check on you and discovered you STILL AWAKE reading the Kindle in bed. 2 and a half hours later! I guess I can be thankful it was a weekend and not a school night. Still, you lost Kindle privileges for the remainder of the weekend.

You discovered tater tots for the first time this month. Later you and I invented our own "tots dance" and of course had to show Dad when he came down for dinner.

The day I had an early dentist appointment, Dad was taking you to school for the first time and you asked, "Do you know how to get to the school or do you need a briefing?"

Finally, "pew....pew, pew, pew."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment