Fall has arrived! We had fun buying pumpkins together and you even got to harvest pumpkins from the garden at school.
This month's Year of the Pie flavor was apple. You were really excited that I let you manage the stove while the apples were cooking.
The best part of prepping apple pie is eating the apple skins!
Ready to bake!
So yummy!
Picture day at school!
Freeland Park visit. You put me through "Knight Training," which I can proudly announce that I successfully completed.
This is officially your first REAL fall and we are loving it. One morning when we walked into school this tree was practically raining leaves on us. We proceeded to take a few minutes to spend under that tree every morning that week. Look how gorgeous the ground is covered in those leaves!
You tried so hard to catch a leaf as it was falling from the tree but just couldn't quite capture any in the air.
New Hermione Granger t-shirt and Halloween socks! Thanks Grandma & Grandpa!
You have gotten particularly interested in the local school board election thanks to all the signs we see in yards and the people standing on the corner when we go to school in the mornings. I think it's really funny how invested you have become. You know all the candidates by name and are keenly aware of which ones we are voting for and which are on "the other side."
You saw our ballots sitting on the counter one day and told me, "Seems like it would be pretty easy to copy that. Why not just vote twice? I mean, I'm not saying you SHOULD." Me: "Um, because that would be illegal." And then I just couldn't stop laughing. It was like you knew we shouldn't and that it was wrong, yet you acknowledge how easy it would be.
One evening we were talking and I don't remember why it came up, but you told me that you like it better here and are glad we moved. And it was great to hear.
Finally, you and I have been reading this blog together, from the very beginning when I was pregnant. You love it and I love reliving all those moments as well. On the day we finally got to your birth, you were ecstatic and went running out in the living room to tell Dad, "I'm born! I'm born! I'm born!"
No comments:
Post a Comment