Sunday, July 31, 2022

The Wizard of Oz

Your first theater production in the books! You have worked so hard all summer to help bring Oz to life and it was so wonderfully worth it! I am bursting with pride and awe at what a great job you did. Photos and videos are not allowed during performances, so I have relatively few photos to share, but I will cherish these that I have anyway.

Here you are taking a much-deserved popsicle break with Kaia and Trevor.

 

Your first locker!

I had fun getting creative with your lunches during the last week of rehearsals. Once you told me your friends were all curious to see what I would send each day, the pressure was really on!



Opening night at last!
You were so overwhelmed and exhausted you burst into tears when you walked out and saw that we had flowers for you. Dad did a great job picking out a beautiful bouquet.


Trevor, Lydia, Layla (The Lollipop Guild) and you!

Second show complete! You were so nervous for the first two shows but after that I could tell it got a little easier for you each time. All your performances were great, but I could see your confidence grow and your nerves diminish more and more with each show. There were 6 shows in total and I attended them all, either as an audience member or volunteer. What can I say? I am a proud Mama.



I am hoping we might have the option to buy the photographer's professional photo, but in the meantime, this was the best I could do.

Trevor, Kaia, you, Layla, and Lydia. This group of 5 formed such a great friendship this summer. The nightcaps and sashes were your Lullaby League costumes.
Unfortunately I don't have photos in any of your other costumes, but you had a lot of roles: Cyclone Team, Lullaby League/Munchkin, Poppikin, Ozian, and Flying Monkey.
I am so proud of you, Kinley! You are a star! ⭐

 

No comments:

Post a Comment