Family hike at Ebey's Landing.
Painting our clay creations.
Kitty cat cuddles.
Goodbye yucky old carpet! You thought you were going to be sad to see it go. I even found a jar of old carpet fuzz that you were collecting in the final days before it was replaced.
Hooray for new, clean carpet! It's been several weeks now and you agreed that you don't miss the old carpet at all. You even let me throw away the old carpet fuzz.
Freeland Park is supposed to be getting a remodel so you wanted to make sure you took time to say Goodbye to Levi. (This is Levi.)
Your first live football game!
I think it was louder than you were expecting. We all had fun though, and the Falcons won 53-9!
As a special treat I surprised you with lime Jello to eat when you came home from your flu shot. You were very excited and had fun cutting it out into fun shapes.
I don't have a lot of pictures from this month but it doesn't mean there hasn't been a lot going on. Mostly we've just been settling into the new school year. You have been developing new friendships with your new classmates, and navigating a few challenges as well.
At the end of 3rd grade you tested into the Highly Capable Learners program. We don't know yet exactly what that's going to mean but the program is just now getting up and running for this year and it sounds like it has the potential to be really fun. You will be meeting with Mrs. DeMots and the other HCL students once a week for various challenges, projects, and maybe even field trips!
In addition, Mrs. Hofius nominated you to participate in the Superintendent's Student Advisory Team. Again, this is still in the works, but it seems you will have the opportunity to meet with the Superintendent and a group of student representatives in grades 4-12 to discuss various issues affecting students and how the district is working towards its goals.
I can't express how proud I am to see these sorts of opportunities opening up for you. I know you are proud, too, as you should be. I am optimistic that this is going to be a great school year.
No comments:
Post a Comment