For my 40th birthday I decided almost a year ago that I wanted you to run a 5k with me. To be fair, I requested that the whole family do it together, but Dad didn't make it farther than telling me "no". It took some extensive searching to find a race nearby and as close to my birthday as possible (not that close, really).
I tried to get you ready by making you go running with me off and on all year, but finally in the spring we got a little more deliberate about it. Did you hate it? Maybe. Were you a good sport? Mostly. Do I love you for it? Absolutely.
And we're off!
So maybe we didn't run the whole time. More than you'd have liked, less than I would.
During all our training and the whole race, I'd never seen you run as fast and hard as you did in that last stretch.
It's hard to see, but our shirts had both of our milestone birthday years on the backs.







No comments:
Post a Comment