Wednesday, August 15, 2012

MORNING Sickness? Quite the Misnomer.

Well Kiddo, you're proving to be quite the little firecracker already.  As it turns out, maybe that feeling on the day of my doctor's appointment wasn't all just nerves after all.  Beginning the very next morning, I've been sick as a dog.  I haven't had any vomiting (knock on wood), but I feel every bit of awful from the first signs of daylight all the way until I drag myself into bed at night.  The sleep isn't even much of a relief because I'm not sleeping that well and if I even so much as roll over, I feel worse during the night than I did all day long.

I've still managed to get myself to work every day and have really only left significantly early once, but there are plenty of days that I sit at my desk longing to be at home in bed.  The thought of most foods makes my stomach churn, but not eating makes it even worse.

It's been two weeks of this now, and chances are it's not going to get any better for at least two more.  Dr. Rosenbaum called last Friday with the results from my last appointment and when I described how I was feeling she didn't hesitate to write me a prescription.  In fact, she told me it's likely to get worse before it gets better.  Wonderful.

The prescription has been helping tremendously, though.  I wouldn't go so far as to say I feel good, or even remotely normal, but it's definitely made things more manageable.  I have to admit I'm a little scared about traveling to Indianapolis in a couple of weeks, particularly the back-to-back overnight flights that I chose before I knew I was going to be pregnant.  But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'm starting to feel a little more perky by then, as it will be just after I hit the 10 week mark.

Meanwhile I'm running out of excuses in the outside world to explain why I've been so tired all the time and why it's taking me so long to get our new apartment unpacked and in order.  I'm looking forward to being able to share the news just to get it out in the open as much as anything.

Johnathon has been surprisingly helpful and very understanding so I guess to look on the bright side I have to appreciate that I have him here to help get me through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment