Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Our First Doctor's Visit

August 1, 2012, the first doctor's visit.  This visit started as a preconception consultation, but when we found out we were pregnant I just found it as a convenient way to get me in to the doctor even earlier than if I'd called after the home pregnancy test.


There was a lot of waiting.  I peed in a cup, they took lots of blood, and we got a sneak peek at little, wonderful you!  You were tiny.  They say 1 1/2 millimeters, or the size of the tip of a ballpoint pen.  (Will you even know what ballpoint pens are by the time you're old enough to read this?)  Your daddy says you look like a pepper.  I was just happy to see a heart beating, however faint it may be.  They weren't able to pick up the sound of the heartbeat, but Dr. Rosenbaum says that is okay, you're just an itty bitty little thing right now and it will grow stronger over the next couple of weeks.




I can't begin to explain how relieved I was to hear that everything was normal.  I was so nervous I felt sick all morning.  I hope I don't feel that way before every appointment.


The doctor determined I am 5 weeks, 6 days pregnant and my due date is March 28, 2013 (precisely the day I had guessed when trying to calculate it at home, man I'm good).

No comments:

Post a Comment