Tomorrow is my first day back at work. Today was our first day with the nanny. She is amazing. She had you smiling and laughing in minutes. She is loving and caring and I know she will care for you like you were her own. She also understands how important it is that I don't feel like I'm being replaced. She is respectful of my wishes and wants to please me in every way. There is nothing I can think of that she could have done differently to make her first day better. She is going to be a great addition to our family and will play a huge role in your life.
Yet, as she left today and I closed the door behind her, I couldn't help crying. I know every mother goes through this when returning to work after spending so much one on one time with her baby. I realize that I even have it easier than most in that I have the privilege of working from home so I can be right here with you and know what's going on each day. But it's still so very hard. At the end of the day all I wanted was to hold you tight and never put you down. I miss my time with you already.
Thinking of you this week and wishing you smooth transitions. Sending you hugs!
ReplyDelete