Monday, September 16, 2013

6 Months Old!

You are 6 months today!  This has been a big week for you, you started sitting on your own!  I knew you were getting close and had been letting you practice on the bed and with the boppy pillow around you and finally one day you stayed up all on your own!  You think you're pretty hot stuff and in just the few days since you started sitting I swear you seem older to me.
On Saturday we had your pictures taken with the photographer and that new skill came in very handy!  I can't wait to see the final product.
You have tried lots of new foods this month.  You now eat 3 types of cereal:  rice, oatmeal, and multigrain.  And you've tried (and liked!) 5 different vegetables:  carrots, peas, squash, green beans, and sweet potatoes.  Right now you eat cereal for breakfast and veggies at dinner.  I'm waiting until after your doctor's appointment this week, but if we get the go ahead to add solids at lunch I plan to let you start trying fruits as well.
On Labor Day we made your first trip to the beach.  We didn't stay long, but wanted to give you the chance to see the water and the sand and you did great.



You have decided that you like sleeping on your side better than your back.  You still sleep on your back too but if it means you sleep better, I let you stay on your side if you want.  As a result, you get a little tuft of hair that tends to stick up on the right side of your head.
You laugh and laugh when I kiss your feet.
I sometimes smell your diaper to check if it's dirty and you think that's hilarious.
I've started giving you baths in the bathtub and you love the extra room to kick and splash.
I finally got the courage to cut your fingernails and toenails while you were awake and you're generally pretty good about it.  I allow you the special treat of playing in my hair while I do this, so you could say we've come to an agreement on it.
You have become quite the little multitasker while breastfeeding.  I imagine your train of thought goes something like this:  milk, mommy's shirt, milk, foot, sock, milk, mommy's shirt, milk, my shirt, sock, my shirt, milk, sock, mommy's shirt, milk, foot, milk, hand, milk, mommy's shirt, milk, mommy's nose, milk.
And finally, on to a little Daddy praise.  I don't know why I haven't written about this before but I think he's long overdue for some recognition.  Daddy has completely taken over our grocery shopping.  This is a really big deal for me.  I make him a list each week and he goes late in the evening when the store is nearly empty and you and I are usually asleep or on the way there.  Not only does it save me the time and effort, I find it fun to see what kinds of special treats he will bring home.  He sometimes buys things that I wouldn't and it's exciting to get up the next morning and see what we have to eat for the week ahead.  I thank him for this, but I don't know if he realizes how great it really is for me.  We love that guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment